We have now received our first "official" report card for Zane! He did a great job and we were very proud of his grades! Last week was a busy week becuase both of us had conferences. We had Zane's conference on Tuesday. As soon as we got there, his teacher said "I don't know what to say to you...Zane's great!" Our conference was literally about five minutes long...it was weird! I then had conferences Wednesday and Thursday nights - both nights until 8:00 - so needless to say I was TIRED! Thankfully we had Friday off! Zane had it off too, so Matt took the day off and we were going to go to the zoo...however the boys had a different idea and were ready to head to Papa's house as soon as Matt picked them up Thursday! By the time I got home Thursday night, Zane had already started a vote...he had a piece of paper divided in half. One side said "Stay" and the other said "Papa" two times. He asked me if I was voting for staying at home Thursday night or going to Papa's Thursday night. I told him "stay," so we were tied. Zane got the bright idea to ask Roger what he thought. I tried to whisper "stay" as Roger's vote...but Zane heard Roger say "Papa's," so it became 3 to 2...I have a feeling this is how it's going to be from now on! Needless to say, the boys didn't win...we weren't laundered, packed, and I was exhausted...so we stayed!
Friday morning we got up and around and headed to Papa's house. Almost as soon as we got there, the boys were in the combine! They were excited to go "corning" with Papa both Friday and Saturday! I just can't believe they spend so much time in that combine and don't get bored! It was a pretty relaxing weekend for me! I even got to take a nap Saturday (thanks Keeta)! We got to see the great-grandparents, which was a bonus for the weekend.
When we got home on Sunday, we decided we needed to get our pumpkins carved since Halloween was the next day. We didn't do anything fancy, Zane just drew some faces on there and then Matt cut them out. The boys and I worked on cleaning the "guts" out of the pumpkins!
 |
| Getting started |
 |
| Mason cleaning out his pumpkin |
 |
| Zane cleaning out his pumpkin...amazing how much more brave he is to reach in and touch it! |
 |
| "Say cheese, Mason..." and this is what I got! |
 |
| This is a better "Cheese" face! |
 |
| Mason decided he was done...and went in to play wii. |
 |
| Apparently Zane was done too...cause Matt was the only one working on the pumpkins! |
 |
| The end results! |
 |
| My best photo...in a hurry...of them lit up! |
We've been home so many weekends in a row that it was hard to be gone! I felt so rushed to get things done Sunday night to get ourselves ready for our week...and didn't get them all done...but now we are dealing with homework, had to get costumes ready, etc, etc.
Mason's Marvels
- The other day we were talking about going to Papa's house over the weekend and Mason said, "Do you mean Craig's?"
- One of Mason's newest phrases is "for real!"
- The boys were telling me to go faster in the van the other day and I said, "no, I can't do that or the police will give me a ticket." Mason said, "You will go to jail. Dad said you'll live in jail." Hmmm...
- A couple of weeks ago when it got really cool I was LOVING it (I've got a little added thermal heat these days). Finally, when it got down to 61 in our house, I gave in and turned on the heat. I was talking to Matt on the phone and said "I turned on the stupid heat for you." Mason heard me and a couple of days later he said, "Dad, Mom said stupid heat. Stupid is a bad word but Mom said it." Whoops!
- The other night I wasn't feeling great, and I said "I think I'm going to barf." Mason said, "Oh, I'll turn on the fan for you." Then he gave me his blankie to make me feel better!
- Mason's newest favorite thing is to stay up late...meaning sometimes we'll put him to bed and 2 hours later he'll still be thinking of things to get out of his room for...stalling...but his very favorite thing is to come into our room and say, "I do not feel better. Can I sleep with you?" So the other night when he said, "I feel like I'm going to barf..." we gave him the bucket. He seemed satisfied with that...and was even "spitting" into the bowl...
- Mason loves to play games on my new phone. He was trying out a new one the other day and said, "I don't want to play this. It's too tricky."
No comments:
Post a Comment