Sunday, October 23, 2011

Zane's Field Trip and Jo's Halloween Party!

Last Sunday night before I went to bed, I saw that Matt had laid everything out on the counter to put a roast in the crockpot Monday morning.  I thought it was cute...so had to take a picture!


Then I went in to shut Mason's lights off and saw this:


I knew he had gone into the bathroom for a band-aid for his "owies" (that had happened a couple of days earlier and were already scabbed over)...but didn't realize he had gotten THIS many band-aids (in fact I think they're all gone now)!


It is SO HARD to believe that I have begun my third trimester!  Baby "Roger" is really active these days...and getting stronger as I am sometimes shocked when he kicks hard!  He really likes to move around when I sit or lay down.  The boys are always wanting to touch my belly and have had fun watching it move all over lately!  I'm trying to enjoy every moment...to me the best part of the whole pregnancy is feeling the movement inside of you!  I feel so special...because I know only I get to truly experience this part!  I had a checkup this week...everything looked good.  I had a few spots under my right arm that I'd had for a week and asked the doctor what she thought about them.  She's pretty sure I have shingles, which I kind of thought they were, so she gave me some medicine and asked that I go see my family doctor...I will...as soon as things settle down...

28 weeks!

Zane loves to hug Roger!

This is Mason crying because I wouldn't let him stand by me until after I took my belly picture...

Mason practicing being a big brother...with baby Arthur at Jo's house!
Friday was Zane's field trip with his class to the pumpkin patch.  They went to the same patch we went to last week...so it wasn't a novel trip for him...but I think he enjoyed it anyway!  Matt was able to go with the class and he enjoyed getting to put faces to some of the names we hear about each night!  Matt said Zane was so excited that he was there...he kept hugging him and telling him, "Dad, I just love you so much!"  After it was over, and they were heading back to school, Matt said Zane was trying really hard not to cry...and later he told us he was sad Matt was leaving and going to work.  It's the little things that mean so much to them!  I'm so glad Matt could go with him!

Lined up to see the animals

Inside the red barn, learning some farm facts

Zane's kindergarten class!

Picnic lunch
Saturday night was Jo's Halloween party.  It was ALL Zane could talk about the entire day!  From the minute he woke up, he began asking us when it would be Jo's party...how much longer...when we could go...he just wouldn't stop!  This year, Zane and Mason were police officers, and Matt and I were the prisoners...appropriate, right?

At the party!

Nora, Mason, Madelyn, and Lawson having some supper

Matt and I

Lawson, Braeden, Zane, Lawson, and Ryan

Mason hitting the pinata

Zane hitting the pinata

It broke!  Zane filled his bucket...Mason's strategy was to eat each piece he picked up...so he didn't get quite as much!
The party was such fun, and we are so lucky to be a party of Jo's "extended family!"  The boys both had a ball, and it was nice for all of us parents to have time to sit and chat...we never get to do that!  Today I asked the boys who had fun...they both raised their hands and said "ME!"  Then when I asked Mason who he played with, he said "Spiderman, Mickey Mouse..."  He was naming the costumes people had on instead of who they really were!

An update on Uncle Daryl...he's doing really well!  He's been up walking, goes down to the cafeteria to sit with his visitors as they eat, and will probably go home Tuesday!  Many of our prayers are being answered!  We continue to pray for his ability to eat and talk to return.  Anyone who knows my Uncle Daryl knows that talking was always one of his strengths...and we miss that part of him!  Thanks to everyone who has joined us in praying for his healing!

No comments: