Monday, June 29, 2009

Off to the Doctor!

Last week was very busy for us! Monday Zane started swim lessons. He's in the same level as last year (it's for 3-4 years) but he is so much different this year! He went right in, does what is asked, and is a lot more comfortable in the water. It's been fun to watch him start to become a little "fish!"

This is how I found Mason taking his nap!
Zane's first day of swim lessons (he's to the right of the teacher)

On Tuesday, Mason turned 7 months! Hard to believe! Both of the boys had checkups at the doctor's office. Zane looked great, and hadn't been in since last year for his checkup...yeah, a healthy year! Mason looked great too. He weighed in at 21 lbs, 10 ounces!! He did have an ear infection, but I never would have guessed that! He gave us a perscription but told us unless he got a fever or pulled at his ear we didn't need to fill it. We didn't and he is doing just fine! Zane and Matt also had dentist appointments Tuesday. I had a meeting, so couldn't be there, but Matt said Zane talked their ears off! This was the first time he let them clean his teeth. He was very excited to tell me all about them counting and cleaning his teeth. He even got a "Cars" toothbrush!

Mason at 7 months
After eating his first biter biscuit...with no bib on!

We're getting so close to crawling!


The rest of the week we spent going to swim lessons, swimming, and trying to stay cool! It was a blistering week to say the least! The boys and I had lots of "quality time" together because Matt spent every night working on the new motor to get it ready for this weekend. It was kind of a long week for all of us!
Thsi weekend we stayed at my parents' house. They boys had fun at the park and getting ce cream! Sunday afternoon they went to Mary Lu's house to feed her fish.

Feeding Mary Lu's fish
Dad & Zane's version of basketball


The World According to Zane
  • One day we had a couple of errands to run and Zane always wants to know where we're going and what we're doing. So I told him we were going to go to JCPenney's and then swim. Right before he left he said something about "Jason's Pennies." I did not have a clue what he was talking about, but finally figured out he meant to say "JCPenney's!"
  • We like to make microwave caramel popcorn at home. If you haven't seen it, there is a packet of caramel that you put on after you pop it. So Zane calls it "poop popcorn." We were out of it and while at Hy-Vee I put some in the cart. Zane said, "Yeah baby! Dad will be so happy that we got poop popcorn!" Oh I hope noone heard him...
  • On our way home Sunday night, we stopped at a fireworks stand to get some things for the 4th. Zane had to go to the bathroom and we noticed a Johnny on the spot. We started walking there and he said, "You pee outside and people can see you. You pee in the pee house and they can't see you!"
  • Zane told me the other day, "Mom, you're fired!" I asked him why and he said "You tell me no, so you're fired." I told him that if I was fired he would have to find a new mommy. I asked him who it would be and he said, "Grandma."
  • "Mom and Dad, you are naughty to me." Why are we naughty to you Zane? "Because you tell me no, so you are naughty. You are fired." I don't know what's up with this firing business

No comments: