Another rainy week in the books...we are getting very anxious for summery weather! I don't like the heat BUT it will be nice to be able to be outside more and go swimming! Zane's been wanting to go so bad lately but I just know the water is freezing! This week we spent lots of time playing inside due to the rain, but also got to go out a lot too. Zane is really into playing with his trucks, tractors, and trailers. He pushes them all over the house and pretend plays with them a lot! You can often hear him"talking" to Papa about what's going on with farming. This morning I heard him say "It's kinda rough, Papa." He also enjoys stuffing his cars, tractors, and trucks full of anything and everything he can get his hands on (gummies, popcorn, trash, etc). We so enjoy watching and playing with him!
Mason all tuckered out at Target
On our way back to Iowa Friday, it rained on us again. We saw an amazing rainbow, actually a double one! This is a picture driving down the road through the windshield...notice the raindrops!
We got home pretty early Friday, so we met Matt's parents and grandparents for supper. We don't often get to do that! Saturday Zane spent most of his day at the race shop with Matt and had a ball. He was a dirty boy! Sunday we headed to Matt's grandparents' house to help them celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary! The actual date is June 18th, but we celebrated a little early! They are an amazing example to all of us and I hope Matt and I are able to celebrate that many years together!
Keaton and Zane on the 4-wheeler
- Lately when Zane isn't happy with something we say to him, he will stomp away, put his lip out, and say "I'm not really happy!" One time I said "I'm not happy either" and he said "I'm not happy three."
- Zane loves to copy what we say...you gotta love the 4's. So if I say to him, "Stop it, Zane," he will say "Stop it, car." Then he says "Mom, I not eepeating (repeating) you, I say stop it to the car." Yeah, sneaky.
- As Zane plays I love listening to him, it's so funny! He likes to say rhymes or sing songs that he has learned at school or heard on a movie. One day he started singing "The bear uh sesanamese" (The Bear Necessities)
- Zane "loves" everything lately. If you say to him "Zane, please don't make a mess," he will say "But I love to make a mess." He says that to everything!
- Friday morning I made a trip to the teacher store with the boys. As we were walking around, Zane spotted a notepad that was in the shape of a cowboy boot. Apparently he really wanted it because he began begging/whining for it. I told him no, but then got tired of he whining, so told him if he would be good the rest of the time there, he could get it. He really was good the rest of the time and once when he began whining I said "Zane, what are you supposed to be doing?" He said, "Being patient." Then when we left I told Mason what a good shopping buddy he was and told Zane he was pretty good too. He said, "Yep, and I didn't give up!" I asked him what he meant and he said, "I really really wanted that boot, and I didn't give up!" Little stinker...
- The other night I heard Zane get up out of bed and go into the bathroom. Matt went in to check on him and found Zane gonig to the bathroom...in the trash can. I think this is the Baker in him...from stories I've heard from Keeta!
Mason's Latest
- Mason's growing up too fast! This week he started shaking his head back and forth ("no no").
- He is really wanting to move around and gets up on all fours and will start rocking back and forth. He does move some, but scooches backwards and can't go forward. If there's a toy in front of him he wants he will stretch as far as he can!
- He can also pull himself up to a standing position from sitting. All you have to do is hang onto both of his hands and he'll lift himself up.






No comments:
Post a Comment