Monday, September 1, 2014

Heaven Gained Another Angel - Grandma Beggs

I don't know if Bryce was mad that he had to stop eating his pasta for Jo to take his picture or what...but the boy loves pasta! 
 
 

Can you just let me eat my pasta?!?
Our week didn't start off quite as planned.  When I got up Monday to start getting ready for work, I noticed that I missed a call from Keeta about 5:20 in the morning.  I saw on Matt's phone he missed one too and had a text from her that said "Call me."  It's never good to have phone calls that early in the morning or a text that says "call me."  So I woke him up and told him to call his mom and we got the news that Grandma Beggs had passed about 4:30 that morning.  Sunday night she was having trouble breathing, so Jack took her to the hospital, with Keeta meeting them there.  They got her stabilized...settled...she was laughing/talking to them...so they headed home around 3:30 in the morning.  About 20 minutes later Jack called Keeta and said she needed to turn around.  The nurses were helping Grandma up to go to the bathroom and she said her chest hurt, and they think she had a heart attack.  I am very thankful it was quick for her and she didn't have to suffer for long.  She had enough pain and suffering all spring and summer.  It's also very comforting to know that these two are in reunited in Heaven again...I'm sure teasing one another...and loving every minute of it!

RIP Grandma and Grandpa!  We love you!
Grandma was an amazing woman!  She didn't know a stranger and if you met her you couldn't help but love her!  She was kind, giving, and loving.  She and Grandpa both referred to me as their granddaughter and would introduce me as so to others.  Grandma loved her family ferociously.  She always knew what was going on with everyone...because she cared enough to ask.  Every time we went to visit and were leaving, she would walk outside with us, stand on the porch while we drove away, and would always say "Come back!"  Man, we are going to miss her so much!
 
Her funeral was Friday so we headed home Thursday night.  Friday was a super long day with dinner, funeral, visitation.  And as luck would have it, Zane woke up Friday morning throwing up.  We think it was from a glass of milk he had the night before that had expired 2 weeks prior...whoops...He got sick a few times and was fine all afternoon.  He went to the funeral but we kept him in the back room and away from others.  Saturday we hung out at Keeta's.  Jodie, Keeta and I worked on opening all of the cards and making a record of all of the memorials given to prepare for the thank you notes.  Sunday morning we buried Grandma's ashes and then hung out at her house, with Uncle Greg cooking dinner.  It was good to just spend time together.
 

Uncle Jack and Bryce

Craig, Marcy, Jeff, Nate, Jack, Bryce

For old time's sake...Keeta pulling Jake!
 
Mason on Grandpa Beggs' Tractor

Bryce was waving to me!

Nate taking Bryce on a ride
 This morning I woke up to both Matt and Zane sick!  We just can't catch a break this week!  I quarantined them to the bedroom.  Mason thought he needed to make a sign for the door so others know to stay out!  It says "Do not etr"

Do not etr!
Today we're relaxing...getting caught up on laundry and cleaning...and hoping to get rid of these germs for a much better week this week!

No comments: