Sunday, September 21, 2014

Big Boy Update and Jo Says NO to Cancer!

This week it has been so nice out...so we have spent a lot of time enjoying it!  The younger two boys have enjoyed their time doing this:
 
Racing down the hill.  Seriously they do this over, and over, and over, and over...
 
 
So last weekend when I posted, the bathroom training hadn't gone so well.  However, I was determined that I would NOT give up on Bryce and he would NOT go back into a diaper.  It's a good thing I stuck to my guns because the rest of the week was a whole different story!  Monday Jo sent me updates and he was going to the bathroom every hour and a half and even pooped!  With the other two that was the biggest hurdle, but he was already doing it on day 3!  Woo hoo!  The rest of the week went just as well.  He only had one "accident" at Jo's and that was because he threw a fit not wanting a pullup on at one naptime so she told him ok...but if he wet his pants he'd have to start wearing them, and he did.  Oh, I guess he had another one where he didn't get his pants down all the way and got them wet, but never did pee his pants!  I think we're going to have to make sure to remind him when he is playing and busy because he gets too busy to think about it, but he has been telling us he needs to go, making it there, he's a rockstar!  Here's Bryce telling about it:
 

Big boy!  So proud of him!
 
Here are some photo updates from Jo's house:
 

Bryce, Arthur, Nicholas

Kerrigan, Bryce, Arthur

All aboard!  Nicholas, Bryce, Kerrigan, Arthur

Outdoor fun!  Bryce, Kerrigan, Nicholas, Arthur
Today is our 12th anniversary!  It's hard to believe it's been 12 years already...and wow how much has changed since then!  Love our life!  Friday evening Jason and Mary took our kids so we could have a nice dinner.  The older two and her two went to gymnastics for a couple of hours, and Bryce went to dinner with them.  It was so nice of her to do this for us and we had a great time!
 
Date night!

Bryce eating some chips at dinner with Jason and Mary

And doing a plank!  Haha!
Saturday was supposed to be the Scout Family Campout, but due to the forecasted weather of storms, they decided to cancel the campout part of it.  They still had daytime activities, so Matt took the older two.  When I asked them what they liked the most they both said "the whole thing."  Matt got one picture of the festivities:

Scout fun!
 
While they were playing, we celebrated Bryce doing so well with bathroom training by taking him to get a toy!  He is really into the "big boy" thing.  He says "I no wear diapers ever!  I no wear pullups.  I hate pullups!  I wear unnerwears!"  This makes me so happy...I knew he was "ready" but he kept saying things like "I wear diapers.  I am the baby brother!"  He changed his tune in a matter of days!
 

I filled 2 sticker charts...one at Jo's and one at home!
This morning I went to the ovarian cancer walk in honor of Jo!  So happy to be able to celebrate her being CANCER FREE!  This year we found a walk right at Zona Rosa, much closer to home.  They were taking pictures there, but they haven't been posted yet, so I'll have to add it to next week.  While I was at the walk, the boys enjoyed a leisurely bike ride on the trail!  They reported to me that the ride didn't seem as bad as before, they weren't as tired, and Zane "killed that last hill..."  Haha!

Ridin the trail!

Passenger

Jo...cancer free for 2 years!

Our group of walkers

The other part of our group of walkers
All from my school:  Katy, me, LuAnn, Tara
Around noon Craig and Keeta came to see us.  They brought us 20 pumpkins...there were actually 59 that she picked from the garden that were good, and around 20 more she threw away.  Who knew!!!  So we are all set on pumpkins, and will be giving our neighbors some as well!  They took us out for our anniversary dinner and later we had "Frog Spit" (Yogurtini) for a treat. 

Happy Anniversary honey!  So lucky to have you as an amazing husband, father, and friend!  Love you to the moon and back!  :)

No comments: