Sunday, November 20, 2011

Zane and Mason's New Room!

So...as I wrote last week, we've been working on getting the boys together in a bedroom so the nursery could be ready for Roger/Sambo's arrival in a few (short) weeks!  Here is what we started with, when it was just Zane's room:

Dresser

Bed and nightstand
We found some bunk beds that we really liked, so we finally bought them.  Since we don't have a pickup, and didn't want to pay them to deliver it...we made do with the van...Zane couldn't stop laughing!  Luckily our neighbor was home and saw Matt pull in the driveway, so he came right over to help unload everything.  I don't know what else we would have done...it would have been interesting funny to watch!

Our "Pickup"
It's taken awhile...but we have them in the same room!!!  The first night, Mason was in his bed, but soon made his way back to his old room.  Night 2 he stayed in the new room all night...but slept on the floor.  After the 2nd night we finally got toys moved over to the new room and put the crib back together as well as a little rearranging, and that night he called it "the baby's room."  He now accepts his new room as "his," just prefers to sleep on the floor...so I guess we could have just kept the one bed we had and been fine!  Ha!

The boys' new bunk beds!

Book shelf
Closet...didn't Matt do well?  We put the first shelf up higher, added a second one, and Matt cusatom-built the shelves on the floor.  I LOVE IT!  All of their clothes fit inside the closet, which eliminates the need for a dresser...yippee!!!

Toys and chairs (that space between the bed and toybox...yep...that's Mason's favorite spot to sleep!)

Asleep in their room tonight...Mason chose a new spot for tonight...had to lay all of his babies out, they each had to have a pillow and blanket...and apparently he didn't want them to sleep alone...

This weekend I got a few more baby things done...Matt continues to laugh at me for "nesting..." but I continue to remind him that I am only 7 weeks from my due date, which for me actually means I'm about 5-6 weeks away...and with the holidays I know it will be here sooner than I realize!  I'm feeling really good...just BIG and tired!  I've already gained 7 more pounds with this pregnancy than I did with either of the older boys...and the funniest part about that is I don't FEEL as big, and everyone tells me I don't LOOK as big...in fact I keep hearing how "cute" I am as a pregnant person...that's a weird one to hear becuase I don't feel cute at ALL!  Still trying to savor all of this movement I'm feeling from within...that's the one part of Roger/Sambo that's all mine and I am the only one who gets to experience it...it's just the best!  Now...the heartburn...backaches...inability to get up without help...not the best...but well worth it!

As I worked this weekend at washing up his clothes...I couldn't believe how small they were...hard to believe either of the other boys were that little...but they were, becuase these were their clothes!

32 weeks!

As always, Mason says "My turn!"
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: