Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mason's 3rd Birthday Party!

So...last week it snowed in Iowa!  When Matt and I told the boys it was snowing at Grandma and Papa's house...both of them started CRYING!  They were saying "No fair!  Why does Grandma get snow and we don't."  It was quite comical...wish I would have thought to get my camera out and record their reactions!  Lucky for them, there was still a little bit of snow left when we went to visit over the weekend...enough to make a snowman!  In true fashion, Zane was all over playing in the snow, and Mason was done in about 2 minutes!

Zane with his snowman!
Saturday we celebrated Mason's third birthday!  This year he wanted "Grinchy" (The Grinch) to be his theme...so Grinchy it was!  We had his party and Grandma and Papa Farmer's house (or Papa Craig's as Mason now calls him...).  They are always so gracious to let us trash their house for parties!  Cousin Kenna also celebrated her birthday that night.  She just turned 2 on November 6th.  We had fun and of course Mason was spoiled!
Zane with cousin Corbyn

This is Mason "holding" Corbyn...

CUTENESS!

Mason by his presents

Mason and Kenna ready to open presents

"It's a tractor!"

"A new book!"

"It's Cars 2.  It's Lightning McQueen.  It's a bike!"

Ready to roll...

"I'm going to put all of my stuff in here!"

The cake!  It was cute AND yummy!  Thanks Tara!

Do I have to pose AGAIN?

Mason and Kenna with their cakes.

Mason was looking all around as we sang to him!

Make a wish!  He spread the candles out on the cake...top, middle, bottom!

He couldn't WAIT to get his hands on it...so I let him eat his name!  It was finger-licking good!
We're working on getting everything ready for our new arrival in a few short weeks.  The boys are moved into their new "shared" room and the nursery is beginning to look like a nursery again.  We got bunk beds for the boys and they think they are "awesome!"  We've still got some work to do...night one and Mason was back in his old room...night two and he was on the floor beside his bed.  A few more finishing touches and I'll post pictures to show you our progress! 

In the meantime...keep praying that Baby Baker #3 will wait to make his debut until the new year...I want to enjoy my Christmas break at home with my boys...not in a hospital!  Trying to get lots done now so I can kick up my feet and relax the month of December!

No comments: