Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time on the Farm and Monster Jam 2011

This week began with me welcoming some eager little ones to school.  We had our first kindergarten "transition" meeting and had 31 kids there!  It's so fun to meet them each year!  I always hope that I help ease a little bit of their anxieties, and the excitement they show reminds me why I continue to teach kindergarten each year!

Monday at the end of the day Jo emailed me to say Mason wasn't feeling well, so I ended up getting a sub and staying home with him Tuesday.  He was telling her his head hurt and couldn't sleep.  We had a nice day cuddling and playing, and he was much better after that!

Jo also called on Monday night to let me know her father-in-law passed away (prayers for the family are much appreciated) unexpectedly, so she would be closed Thursday and Friday.  So I called Grandma Farmer and she was more than willing to help us out!  So Wednesday evening the boys and I headed to St. Joe to meet Grandma/Papa (Matt has been so busy at work that he couldn't go with us...he only put in 65 hours last week...).  We met and ate at McDonald's, the boys briefly hugged and kissed me, then they were off (as Mason said, "Go Mom!")  It's so nice to know they are well taken care of and having the time of their lives!

Zane doing some painting

And Mason tried his hand painting too...

King of the (snow) mountain!
It was really strange to have the boys gone...so quiet!  I almost didn't know what to do with myself in the morning when I only had to get myself ready and at night when I didn't have to rush out of work to go pick them up!  I got a few odds-and-ends done that don't usually happen with kids around.  Matt actually came home at a decent time Thursday, so we enjoyed going to supper together.  Friday we went out with Jason and Mary (whose kids were at her brother's).  We went to eat at bd's Mongolian (our favorite) and then to Howl at the Moon.  We had an AMAZING time and can't wait until we can go again!  We definitely need to do that more often!    Thanks for asking us to go guys!

Jason & Mary

Mary and I...sisters from another mother :o)

Valentines...
This weekend the monster trucks were in town!!!  This is the 4th year in a row Zane has gone to them, and it was Mason's first year!  I knew Mason had NO IDEA what the monster trucks were going to be, and we were very anxious to see his reaction.  Grandma/Papa and the boys got home around 5:30.  We hustled to 5 Guys to have a burger, then the boys went on to the monster trucks.  I really wanted to know how they were going, so I texted Matt, and he sent me a picture of Mason...just sitting in his seat with his little hands in his lap, and Matt said he just sat there like that the whole time!  I think he liked them, but really liked the motorcycles, 4-wheelers, and tractors best!

Masers watching the monster trucks

This picture looks like they're cheering, but Matt said they were throwing out t-shirts, so Zane raised his hand for one...and copycat Mason did the same!

Cotton candy!

Nice Grave Digger hat!
Today we went out for brunch, then headed back home and soaked in some of the AMAZING sunshine!!  It was a gorgeous day!  We even got so warm we had to take our coats off...no complaining here!  I was so glad that we could get out and get some fresh air...it's been needed!  The boys had fun riding their bike/4-wheeler, throwing snowballs, locking Grandma's keys in the car (whoops) and just having fun!

"Drawing" on the driveway

Whatcha thinking Mason?

Buddies!

So glad to be outside!

Snowball fight!

Maybe we should get Papa a bigger bike...
Matt has been working on Zane's Valentine Box while he was gone (it was Zane's idea, Matt just had to get the body built and painted before Zane could decorate it).  If you've followed us the last couple of years, this is a big thing for Matt and Zane.  The first year of preschool they made Wall-E.  Last year they made a race car, and this year a monster truck.  The preschool teachers are always anxious to see what they have come up with, I'm sure they'll like this year's!!!  Matt was trying to get Zane to make the decorations to glue on his monster truck, and he was acting like typical Zane...mad at himself when he didn't make things "just so" and throwing fits when they weren't perfect, so we finally had to ask him to go to his room to take a break and think about his actions.  About 5 minutes later I went to his room to talk to him about it, and this is what I found...

What a time out!  :o)
The boys working on El Toro Loco

Zane was "posing" for me!
Wall-E from 2009 (look how young Zaner looks)!

Race car from 2010

This year's El Toro Loco!

El Toro Loco

The boys and their Valentine Box!
Zane-isms
  • As Zane and Matt were working on the Valentine Box, Zane said "Dad, we are doing teamwork!"
Mason's Marvels
  • I found one of the boys' Santa hats the other day, put it on, and Mason said, "Oh, you're cute!"
  • Mason's buddy Braeden (from Jo's house) celebrated his birthday on Friday.  We were looking at pictures his mom sent of him eating his birthday cake, which was on his face.  Mason looked at the screen and said, "Oh, look at Braeden's face...it's gross!"
  • Tonight as Mason was brushing his teeth before bed, he looked at himself in the mirror.  He could see his hair sticking up in the back, and he said, "Oh.  My hair looks crazy!"

No comments: