This is your fair warning...this post is long and has a ton of pictures! This stems from being home for THREE snow days IN A ROW! This puts us at having 7 snow days and now going to school in June...bluck! I treaure the summer days that I have with my boys, and now we have just had 2 weeks of summer taken away...BOO HOO! So I decided that the only way I was going to learn how to use my new camera better was by practicing...what a better time to do that than when we are stuck inside together!
Monday we finally got to celebrate the 100th day of school, I always look forward to that day with my kids! Then, becuase they were calling for lots of snow and cold temperatures Tuesday, they called school off Monday evening. Good call...because we got about 12-14 inches of snow that day! It was crazy and didn't let up all day long! Matt learned from the last snowstorm and headed home early. Good thing, because it didn't let up and he wouldn't have made it home if he had left any later. He even had to stay home Wednesday and work from home because we couldn't get out of our driveway and they didn't plow our cul-de-sac until 4:30 Wednesday! Matt and I enjoyed some quality time shoveling the driveway both Tuesday and Wednesday!
 |
A nightly thing at our house these days...cushions off...jumping/crawling/climbing/fort building to follow.
Hey Mom (and Adam), does this look familiar to you at all? :o) |
 |
| Mason trying to crawl through the "tunnel" |
 |
| All wrapped up in his blankie...whenever he's sad/tired/hurt/in trouble he starts crying for "Bankie!" Little Linus! |
 |
| Measuring the snow...he kept saying "Can I measure it? Miss Courtney said it would be all the way up to the top of the ruler!" He sure wanted it to happen so kept going to the door to measure throughout the day! It got there! |
 |
| Mason looking at the snow...in amazement! |
 |
| Usually Mason says "no take picture mom" but he sat there and said "take my picture!" |
 |
| Jammie day at home! |
 |
| Zane and I snuck out during naptime...catching snowflakes on his tongue! |
 |
| Matt throwing snowballs at the door. They laughed SO hard! |
Lately when Mason wakes up from a nap or in the morning, we will hear him saying (very loudly I might add), "Mom! I'm ready to get out of my bed now!" He will wait a little bit, then say it again (louder). Wait. Repeat. Wait. Repeat. Why, you may ask, don't I just go get him? Because it's so stinkin cute to hear him! The other morning I videoed him doing it! Don't forget to pause our playlist at the bottom so you can hear Mason!
Mom...I'm ready to get out now!
It makes me laugh to watch Zane play some of his wii games...he's very animated! Watch him play this game:
Thursday has become my grocery shopping day, and since we were itching to get out of the house (and only needed a few items), we ventured out together (it's usually best and easiest to go alone). Luckily the Home Depot cart was available so we snagged it and headed down the aisles. I soon remembered why I usually go alone..."sit down, don't touch that, leave your brother alone" is what those around me heard...
 |
| On your marks... |
 |
| Ladies...wait in line! HAHA! |
 |
| When we went out to eat pizza, this is all that was lit up at the Good Year store! FUNNY! |
 |
| Remember pop rocks...Zane loves them and we can't get Mason to try them! |
Friday it was back to our routine/schedule. It's hard to get my kids (both my own and students) back into a routine when we only have 2-3 days of school every week! Last week we only went on Monday and Friday! At the end of the day Friday, just as I was getting ready to leave, my phone rang and I didn't recognize the number. It was the nurse at Preschool calling to say Zane was in her office and he had a fever. Poor guy! So I headed that way and by the time I got there he was sound asleep! He was warm and you could tell he didn't feel well. These two boys have been battling a cold/sinus issues for a week or so now. We got home and found a package from Old Grandma in the mail! The boys couldn't WAIT to tear it open...and the contents (candy hearts especially) didn't last long! Thanks Old Grandma!
 |
| What is it? What is it? |
 |
| I told Mason to hold the hearts by his face so I could see them in the picture... |
 |
| As soon as Zane got his candy and Motrin, he cuddled up under the blanket...didn't take long for the Motrin to kick in and he was playing wii and telling me "the medicine worked...my head doesn't hurt anymore!" |
 |
| Movie anyone? |
We've also realized that Mason has to have eyes on him at ALL times! He can get up on or up to anything! He will just push a chair, stepstool, or bar stool up to anything! I caught him getting into things he shouldn't be a few times this week...
 |
| Let's see what I can find in the treat cupboard... |
 |
| "I getting cheese Mom!" |
 |
| The boys playing wii |
 |
| Zane started writing a "morning message" like his teacher does...but got frustrated because he didn't know how to spell "morning." It says "good friends" |
 |
| "Mom, can you get me a yellow paper?" Done all by himself! |
 |
| Going fishing! (Old Papa...they're practicing for this spring)! |
 |
| Glad you could dress up for pictures Matt! |
 |
| I hate pictures of me, but here's to prove they DO exist! |
Sunday we went to church. I'm happy to report this is the second week in a row Mason stayed downstairs and didn't cry! It's so nice to be able to focus on the message and not worry if he is down there crying! When I went to get Zane, he had these "sheep ears" on. His teacher, along with the kids, started "baa-ing" when we walked in. It's so fun to hear what they have learned at Sunday School!
 |
| Baaa...my little sheep! |
So...I guess my next newest project is to learn how to decorate cupcakes/cakes...just for fun! I tried and can tell that it's going to take lots of practice! Here are the cupcakes I did first round...
Then I realized they weren't what I was trying for AT ALL, so I googled tips and videos, got the supplies I needed, and these were the second round. Better, but still need some practice!
 |
| I hope they are best buds forever! |
 |
| Yucky dirty feet...after playing in the garage. Spring, where are you? |
 |
Having a picnic and watching Toy Story while Matt and I watched the Super Bowl!
|
We had a great message at church this week...it just really spoke to me! In honor of the Super Bowl, our assistant pastor was relating following God to following your favorite team. She challenged us...are you an avid follower of God or do you just a "fair weather fan?" Do you praise Him at all times, or only when times are good? When the going gets tough, do you get going also? I can tell you that lately I've become quite "addicted" to reading other people's blogs and have met some amazing people (who I hope to someday meet in person and some of who don't even know they are inspiring me...Jodi I know you'll read this you are one of them). Some of their stories, their losses, will bring tears to anyone's heart...and still they PRAISE HIM for the blessings they have received, even in their darkest hours. Talk about inspiring! If you get a chance and want to read any of the blogs of these amazing people, see my blog list at the bottom right. You'll be glad you did!
Zane-isms
After Zane opened his package from Old Grandma, he said "I love Old Grandma!"
Zane reminds me so much of my own students! He is super interested in writing right now. When he asks me how to spell something, I sound like his teacher because I tell him to "try to sound it out and write the sounds you hear." As with my kids at school, he digs in his heels and just wants me to do it for him...and I don't. So then he asks Matt, because usually Matt will spell it for him. I said, "No Zane, you need to sound it out yourself. That's what five year olds do." His response was, "Well, Dad doesn't know that!"
I was getting ready to make cookies the other day and I was about 1/4 of a cup short of sugar. I told Matt I needed some sugar so either he or I needed to go to the store quickly. Zane came up to me, arms stretched out, and said, "I'll give you some sugar!"
The other day Zane said, "I want to see Buzz!" (Our Elf on a Shelf...we really get attached to him! If you have small kids and don't have an Elf on the Shelf...you should get one!)
Zane and Matt have been playing Mario Brothers and trying so hard to rescue the princess. The other night they did it and Zane said to Matt, "That's why I call you a genius!"
Mason's Marvels
"Oh, you care (scare) me!" When I opened Mason's door to get him one morning.
"Zane, that naughty!"
"Why, why, why?" With head shaking side to side as I tried to suction out his nose!
When Mason tried one of my cupcakes yesterday he said "Yum!" I asked if he liked them and he said, "Yea Mom!" and began clapping!
Mason has been "hiding" to poop lately. One day he was by the t.v. and I asked if he was pooping. He said "No." But after a little grunting and a red face, he walked over to me and said, "Poop. Dare. Done." But he STILL told me he didn't poop!
At night I tell Mason over and over that I love him. One night he said, "Stop! No love me."
Before we go to bed each night I tell Mason to tell Zane good night. The other night he said, "Good night Zaner. I love you sunshine!"
"No picture." This is what I hear when the camera comes out these days...
"Mom, you go downstairs. Go! I getting something."
As I was shoveling the other day, Mason kept watching me from the front storm door and every once in a while he'd open the door to holler "Mom, be careful!"
Mason is already taking after his brother...he has started climbing up the outside of our steps while holding onto the railing. Every time he does this, he looks at me and says, "Mom, I be careful!"
Sorry for such a long post...lots to say when you're home most of the week! Another great quote from church..."Kindness is love that shows up with its work boots on." Who can you make a difference for today?
1 comment:
Great Post! It's fun with lots of pics! I have learned to hand the camera off a lot more lately, I dont' like pictures of myself either, but I do like to be a part of the memories too! Good job!
Post a Comment