Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Heart Day!

Our week began with Valentine's Day!  Every year we plan a meal that contains everything red, pink, or heart shaped!  So...I gave Zane the choice of pancakes or pizza, and he chose pizza.  His special request was that I use pepperoni to make a smiley face on top (even though he only eats cheese pizza).  Both boys enjoyed celebrating at school/daycare.  Jo fixed all red and heart-shaped food, and Zane had heart shaped chicken nuggets and his classroom party.  I think his friends liked his monster truck box!  It was a beautiful day, so we enjoyed playing otuside when we got home and the boys opened their gifts from us, which they loved!

Mason showing his gifts

Zane posing with his gifts
Heart-shaped pizza

RED strawberries

Heart-shaped strawberry cupcakes

All served on heart-shaped plates!
YUM!

The week seemed to drag on at school...our Valentine's Day party was also on Monday, which just made for a long week!  The only saving grace was the amazing weather!  I just wish it would stick around!  Our evenings went so much smoother when we were able to play outside instead of being trapped in the house!  I have a hard time getting these boys inside on nice evenings!  Oh spring and summer, we're ready for you!

Hey Mason, what did you find?  Toothpaste?  Oh!
This weekend we just hung out around home.  We did a little shopping...got the boys some new shoes...went to church...grilled out...and Uncle Brent stopped by on his way home from Tulsa!  It was all Mason could talk about on Sunday..."Brent coming!"  But...when he got here...he would barely look at him and was pouting...apparently he thought that Papa was coming with Brent, so he was a little upset that it was only Brent!  He eventually warmed up to him and wouldn't leave him alone...the reaction I thought he'd have!

Zane-isms
  • I was out and about running errands this weekend and while I was gone the boys had taken a shower with Matt.  When I got home, Zane came up to me and said, "Look Mom, we took a shower!  I'm sparkly clean!"
Mason's Marvels
  • Mason had to spend a little time in time-out one day.  He cried the whole time he was sitting there, and all of a sudden he said, "OK.  That's enough crying!"  Then he quit!
  • We were watching the Daytona 500 yesterday during lunch and when one of the many wrecks occurred, Mason, with his hands on his cheeks (imagine Kevin in Home Alone when he is putting the after shave on), said "Oh no!  It's broken!  What should we do?" 

No comments: