This week began with Pesident's Day. There was no school but I had workshops. Jo graciously offered to watch Zane since there was no school for him...he was really excited to go there! Mason hadn't been sleeping well so we took him to the doctor Monday and he had a sinus infection, ear infection, and red throat...so he's on an antibiotic! That morning he told me "Mom, my eye feels all crazy!" He seems to "carry" his colds in his eyes so that didn't surprise me to hear him say...and the next day the poor kid looked like someone punched him in the eye! Tuesday I took Zame to the dentist to get yet another cavity filled...he had one in between his top teeth that are fused together. I could not believe how well he sat and listened to everything she said! He even had it filled with no numbing...brave little guy!
 |
| Waiting for the dentist...watching Spongebob! |
 |
| He sat on his hands the whole time...check out the glasses they let him wear! |
Mason has seemed to be really interested in trying to go to the bathroom in the toilet lately...but never seems to go when he sits down...but he sure knows when he's going!!! He's in the phase where he will hide when he needs to poop...then will come out and either tell us he pooped or will go get a diaper, wipes, and lay down to wait...like the picture here (the wipes are my face cleaning wipes...). I wish he'd just go to the toilet instead...but we'll get there!
 |
| Mom I need a new diaper... |
Thursday we got out of school one hour early due to the sleet/snow...and then we ended up with a snow day Friday. This puts us up to 8 snow days! If we make them all up right now our last day of school will be June 3rd. All this is doing is taking away precious summer days! Dear witer...UNCLE!
This weekend Matt and I were busy! We are so lucky that we have his parents...they came down Friday to watch the boys all weekend for us! Friday night we went to the Kid Rock concert. It was fun! Then Saturday night we had my school's Christmas party...yes...in February...it's easier to do afterwards so you avoid all the other holiday stuff! Before the party, we went to supper with Jamie (my college roommate) and Brian. It was so nice to go out with them! We had 2 fun date nights in a row (and need more of them)!
 |
| At the concert |
 |
| Rockin! |
 |
| At the Christmas party |
 |
| Katy and I |
 |
| Matt slow dancing with Amy...he didn't even slow dance with me! LOL! |
 |
| One of Mason's favorite pooping spots...the closet! He went in there tonight then came out and said "I think I pooped." Notice him holding his behind...another of his new things! |
And because I didn't feel like we'd had an exciting enough weekend already, I decided to cut my fingers bad enough that I had to get stitches! It hurt!!! I was cutting pineapple and when trying to get the core out of the cutter, the knife slipped and got me GOOD! Zane was a good little nurse to me...he was hugging me, kissing me, rubbing my back...it was sweet! He went to get me a bandaid and even put my boots on for me! When he was trying to get my boots pulled up I laughed and he said, "See Mom, I knew it would cheer you up!" He's such a great kid with an amazing heart! Lucky for us we have amazing friends and Matt called Mary to come sit with the boys so we could go to urgent care.
THANK YOU MARY!
As soon as we got there and the nurse saw my fingers she took me right back...I felt bad for those waiting in the front...but I guess cutting your fingers to the bones warrants jumping ahead in line! They took good care of me and I ended up with 5 shots (2 in each finger plus a tetanus shot) and 5 stitches! The only other two times I have had to be in the hospital was during childbirth...so I was scared! Thank you Matt and Zane for taking care of me! I love you boys!!!
 |
Thank goodness it's my left hand!
|
So stitches on two fingers are a little annoying...and typing this post has taken me twice as long..ugh! Luckily it won't last long...I have them taken out in 7 days...so just a short-term annoyance. Good lesson for Zane...who told me I should have been more careful!
Zane-isms
This coming week is Dr. Seuss' birthday and Zane's school is celebrating all week. Zane saw the email from school that I printed and he said, "It's Dr. Seuss' birthday. It's, like, a miracle!"
Mason's Marvels
We were reading The Grinch one night and Mason pointed to a Who on the back cover and said, "It's Dr. Seuss!"
Mason's really good at counting to 13...but then gets it jumbled and says "16, 14, 11, 12, 13, 16..."
Tonight Mason fell on a toy and began crying. I brought him upstairs and he said, "That's enough crying" and stopped. Then he said "I'm better now." I smiled and told him I was glad, to which he said, "You make me laugh!"
Tonight Zane was upset and Mason sat right by him and said, "What's wrong Zaner?"
One day when Matt and Mason dropped Zane off at school, Mason leaned over, hugged Zane, and said, "I love you Zaners!"
No comments:
Post a Comment