Tuesday, December 18, 2012

11 months, 4 years, Sickness, and PRAYING HARD!

So we started last week with a sick baby...pink eye, ear infection, and a ringworm-like patch on his skin.  After having Friday off for Aaron's wedding, I also had to take Monday off to stay with Bryce.  I had a lot of piles ready for me when I returned to school Tuesday...
 
Yes, Bryce has been 11 months since December 2nd...and we finally got around to taking his Big Bird picture!  AAH!  But we did, so that's all that matters!  At 11 months, Bryce:
  • Eats 6 ounces at a time, about every 4 or so hours.
  • Only eats table food!  He LOVES pizza, pancakes, corn, peas, pears, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, french fries.  He is now preferring to have WHOLE things versus cut up things...like whole french fries and whole chicken nuggets.  Where'd our baby go?
  • WALKS!  I mean really walks!  He's getting braver as time goes on...and will walk across an entire room!  Sometimes when he realizes he's walking, he sort of freaks out and will get down and crawl, but that's starting to end.  It's so cute to see him walking toward you!
  • Loves to find our Elf on the Shelf, Buzz!  When we say "where's Buzz" he starts looking, and the minute he finds him, he smiles and points!
  • Plays pat-a-cake!  When you say "pat-a-cake," he starts clapping and smiling!
  • Loves to play peek-a boo also!  He thinks it's fun to hide around a corner, or under a blanket, and then come out to see us!  Recently he's been hiding in the boys' tents and we'll put our hands under it saying "I'm going to get you" and he giggles!!
  • Loves his Daddy...and Mommy...and Brothers...and Grandparents. 
  • Still only says "Dada!"
  • Is such an amazing addition to our family!
The best I could get!

Because instead he was doing this...

And this...
Then we remembered that we still hadn't taken Mason's 4 year picture with Big Bird!  So we did that as well:

4 years old!?!
And we had to take another one because he said "where's my tie?"  I don't have ties for him, only Bryce...so we used the Halloween one we didn't use for Bryce...and he was happy...

Seems happier with a tie, huh?
On Friday night, Zane had his first cub scout overnighter!  I think he had fun doing all of the activities and crafts.  Matt said Zane slept well...Matt okay...and he realized they were rookies when they were the ONLY ones without air mattresses and they weren't there early enough to "stake their claim" on a spot...they just took what was available!  Low maintenance!  On Saturday they boys were all kinda tired, and took naps.  Saturday night we noticed Mason was a little warm.  Sunday he had temps at 100 and 101.  We ended up taking him to urgent care Sunday night, figuring if he had an infection we wanted to start him on an antibiotic and get him healthy for Christmas.  Ended up he has a virus...probably flu...and nothing we can do but wait it out.  So we started this week with a different sick kid...we split the day Monday and today I'm home all day.

Matt spent a lot of time this weekend making my ugly Christmas sweater for this Friday...this is true love!  Stay tuned...I can't wait for you to see the finished product!  The boys make me laugh...they keep saying "But Mom, your sweater is pretty, not ugly.  Why are you saying it's ugly?" 

As you can see...my shirt has lights!
I'm having a very hard time dealing with the events at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.  I am praying hard for everyone involved.  This tragedy hit way too close to home for me.  Zane is the same age as the kids who lost their lives.  I feel guilty that I get annoyed sometimes when he, or any of my kids, are too loud, or don't listen, or don't clean up.  There are now 20 sets of parents who wish they could hear their kids being annoying right now.  I am a teacher.  This could have been my school, my colleagues, my classroom, my kids, me.  I know I wouldn't have done one single thing different than any of those teachers.  I would have done everything in my power to protect those innocent children.  And I would have given my life.

Please pray...lots...for the students, staff, parents, family members, friends, and community.  They need it.  They will be facing Christmas without their loved ones.  And eventually they will have to face going back to school and will always struggle with feeling safe.  I think this was the first Monday I was really really ready to go to school.  It was comforting to hug my students and see thier smiling faces!  Thank a teacher, police officer, emergency worker, social worker, doctor, nurse, etc.  I know that anyone in these professions, if faced with the same scenario, would do the same thing.  Sometimes it's very easy to get upset when things don't go as you think they should and point out weaknesses or faults, and harder to be sure and show appreciation for all of the things that are done on a daily basis for the good of others.  Hug your families tight.  Let them know you love them.  I'm sure the people in that community didn't think it would happen in their town either...

Blessings to all of you!