Sunday, May 13, 2012

Songs, and Graduation, and a Field Trip...Oh My!

A couple of "lost photos" that I finally remembered to post!

Mason went to work at Yancy's with Matt one day.  I guess he really wanted to color this box for me...so he took a Sharpie and got started.  All of sudden he got quiet...cause he fell asleep!!!


Check out this pose!  HA!

Zane filled up all of these cups with water.  This was one Sunday after we'd been to church for "cookie Sunday."  Once a month they have cookies and lemonade after church.  They fill the cups and have them sitting out for people to take.  Apparently Zane was recreating "cookie Sunday" at home!

This week we were super busy with things for Zane!  Tuesday we had his musical and graduation!  We were thankful that the Ottis' were willing to watch Mason and Bryce so we could focus on Zane for a couple of hours!  Zane's musical was titled "How Does Your Garden Groove."  He was broccoli.  He was THAT kid who was acting goofy...up on the top row...in a bright red shirt.  At one point sweet Ellie (her mom is also a kindergarten teacher) looked over at him and said, "Zane, stop jumping!"  Oh yeah, she'll be a teacher for sure!

The kindergarten kids!

Ellie is on the right of Zane

No clue why his arms are out and everyone else's are down...

NOW we're in sync!

And at this point the directions were for EVERYONE to sit down.  Notice Zane...I wish I would have had a picture of the whole risers...Zane is literally the ONLY ONE standing at this point!

After the musical the kids all received "diplomas."  How did this happen?  My baby is done with kindergarten!  (Sad face).

Zane receiving his diploma from Ms. Thomas (Ms. T)
So proud!

Dad & Zaner
Mom & Zaner

Ellie and Zane!  Isn't this cute?!?
Zane's bug and bug report hanging in the hallway
Standing by his kindergarten classroom
Zane's self portrait hanging in the hall.  Ellie asked me if I saw Zane's self-portrait hanging in the hall.  I told her "yes" and she said, "I'm jealous of Zane's artwork."  CUTE!
Zane posing like his self-portrait

Thursday was Zane's field trip.  I took the day off so I could go with him!  We went to Kaleidoscope, which is like a big art center!  Right up Zane's alley!  I go on this trip with my class every fall, so I was now switching roles and being the parent!  It was fun to see the kids interact together, and spend some time with just Zane!


Waiting to go in
In Heaven...coloring!  This is in the "glow in the dark" room!
This weekend we were home.  Didn't have lots planned, but seemed to do a lot anyway!  We hung out at the Ottis' house, went to a Pirate end of year celebration in Platte City, and did some shopping.  I had a great Mother's Day, spending time with my 4 handsome boys!

Zane has one more week of school.  I have two.  Tomorrow we greet the incoming kindergartners.  It's going to be a busy and crazy two weeks!  Lots to get done!  I know it will, but right now it's daunting!  I'm anxious for the lazy days of summer to get here!!!

Happy Mother's Day to our two wonderful moms!!!

No comments: