I remember when Zane was a baby and he would cry...it made me nervous and I thought it was a terrible sound...cause I felt so bad for him and just wanted to do what I could to stop it. A few years, and another kid, later, I realized just how innocent that cry really was! A newborn cry doesn't even compare to a toddler cry!!! I'm trying to soak up each sound and every moment...and wanted to get some of them on video. Sorry Grandmas...rest assured I picked him up as quick as I put the camera down!
And I just can't get enough of this little guy...I love every face he makes...and he just looks so peaceful when sleeping...
 |
| My little sugar bear sleeping on Daddy's chest!! |
Jo had a couple of viruses on her computer and it's been out of commission, so here are a few pictures of the last couple of weeks:
 |
| Nora, Mason, Braeden, Vaughn, and Arthur having some reading and i-pad time! |
 |
| All dressed up and ready for ??? |
 |
| Nora and Mason getting their babies ready for a walk! When Mason plays babies now, he names his Bryce! |
 |
| Chefs Mason and Nora! |
We have learned that Bryce sleeps a lot better when swaddled. It still makes me feel bad to swaddle him, it just looks uncomfortable...but he loves it! Sometimes he falls asleep without it and I will lay him down to sleep like that...but it's never as peaceful for him.
 |
| "I have such a rough life!" |
 |
| Bryce helping me do the laundry! |
 |
| When the water was filling up the washer, he just stopped and listened. It was so cute! |
One night when the boys were supposed to be sleeping...we heard a loud noise, and then Mason crying. I went in there and he had hit his nose on the railing of Zane's bunk bed. The next morning it was black and blue and eventually through the week it traveled to both of his eyes! It really looked like he had been in a fight!
 |
| "You should see the other guy..." |
Old Grandma...this picture is for you! She had mentioned that all of the pictures I post of Bryce are of him sleeping...so I wanted to post one of him awake!
 |
| Mr. Handsome! |
This weekend we took our first trip to Iowa as a family of 5! It was interesting packing for 5 people...and a baby again! I'm just glad I wasn't working so I didn't feel super rushed! We stayed with Matt's parents. Bryce slept pretty much like normal Friday night. Saturday morning we went into town to see my parents in the store one last time...it was their last day as owners of Bunch Hardware! They sold the store and are now "just employees" instead of owners. It's going to be hard to go back there and not go to the store! My mom's sister, Jan, came to help them do inventory, as well as another couple who recently sold their hardware store. Saturday was Adam's 21st birthday, so we all went out for supper. Bryce had a rough afternoon...we couldn't tell if he was hungry, tired, gassy...he was just fussy! The only person that could console him was me...and I was getting worn out! He ended up sleeping with me until 3:15 in the morning...I was tired! I'm guessing that he was a little overwhelmed with the new surroundings and being passed around to so many new people.
 |
| Aunt Jan and Bryce |
 |
| I got this koozie for Adam! |
 |
| Toasting Adam's birthday and my parents' last day! |
 |
| The boys (all 3) fell asleep on the way home. |
Sunday we visited Grandma/pa Baker. Grandma had knee surgery on Wednsday and just got home Saturday. She was anxious to see the boys and cuddle Bryce again! After that, we went to Grandma Beggs' for dinner and to celebrate Keaton's 7th birthday. I was nervous about how Bryce would be...I knew he would be meeting some more people and would be in a new place. Luckily he did great...was in a much better mood and slept quite a bit.
 |
| Aunt Reeta and Bryce |
 |
| Kenna, Reeta, Corbyn, Keaton, Mason, Zane |
 |
| Keaton & Zane...buds! |
 |
| Cuddled into his carseat! |
Our first trip back with Bryce was successful! We were able to visit with a lot of family members and friends! I only have 2 weeks left at home with my handsome little man and I'm getting really sad! I've had a AMAZING time with him and it really has been nice to have time during the day to do our "household" stuff so that at night I can focus on my kids. It will be a learning curve once I'm back at work!
No comments:
Post a Comment