Sunday, June 12, 2011

Zane's First Tee Ball Game!

We have been going to tee ball practice for a few weeks now.  It's been quite interesting!  Zane's usually excited to go, but once he gets there and has to run, be hot, and work at it, he doesn't care for it nearly as much!  Thursday was his first "game."  Because it's a developmental program, the kids all play every game, they all bat each inning, and they all run all of the bases.  It was pretty fun to watch the game!  Zane was sure proud of himself!!!
2nd time up to bat

He looks ready, doesn't he?

Run, Zane, run!

His team waiting for everyone to bat.  Zane's number 12, third from the right
This past week was our first week of summer vacation!  It seems funny to me that I have so much more free time, but have gotten so much LESS done!  I did get the house cleaned, which was desperately needed, and we spent 4 days at the pool...but I didn't get much marked off of my to-do list!  I've not been feeling too well...pretty nauseous a majority of the time, so it is nice to be home so that I can rest/relax when needed!

This weekend we stayed with my parents.  Friday when we got home, we stopped at the race shop and the Hogans were there.  They asked us to go eat with them, so we did.  It was quite interesting...and loud...to have all 5 kids there!  I think they were hungry and tired, which is never a good combination, but we all survived!  Saturday at the races, Chris had another bout of bad luck...he was running 2nd when he got a flat tire and had to pull in.  He restarted in the back and ended up working his way back to 7th.  One of these days luck may be on our side!  While at the races the boys were at my parents' house and it sounded like they really enjoyed going on a bike ride!  Dad got Adam's old bike ready for Zane to ride and they installed a child seat on the back of Dad's bike for Mason.  They rode to the school, park, and for ice cream.  I got to hear all about it!

Mason loved his new seat!

CHEESE!

Zane on Adam's old bike, wearing Adam's old coat!

Zane-isms
  • The other day, Zane said, "Mom, when you have the baby, I am going to help you!"
  • Every time I talk about not feeling well, Zane will come up to me and give me a hug or put his hand on my belly and ask me if that helps!  What a sweetie!
Mason's Marvels

  • Lately when Mason gets told "no" for something, he'll come back at us with, "Papa said yes," or "Papa said I could!"
  • When Zane has something Mason wants, he will say, "I had it first!  I got it for a present!"
  • Mason finally got the nerve up the other day to go down the little slide at the pool.  The first time he went down, he got up, came over to me, put his hands in fists, and said, "Mom, that was super awesome!"  Then he'd say it every single time...it was too cute!
  • At tee ball, Mason sits on the bleachers and cheers for Zane!  He'll say "Go Zane!" or "Good job Zane!"
  • At the pool, two older boys began squirting Zane with water.  Mason noticed this going on, puffed up his chest, and shouted, "Hey!  Don't squirt water on my brother!"  I don't think they heard him, but I have do doubt that Mason would have defended his brother to the end!
 




No comments: