Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain, and the Circus!

Okay, I know we needed the rain desperately, but I'm ready for a day of sunshine! It's interesting to be around farmers...the weather NEVER cooperates with what they are needing...earlier in spring they were talking about never getting crops in because of all the rain, now they've been begging for it. Mother Nature...

I got my results back from my glucose test...and I didn't pass it. Boo hoo! So I had to go back on Friday for the 3-hour test. It went okay, a long morning when you have to get blood drawn four times, they won't let you leave their office, and all you can have the whole time is water! I'm sure I'll hear back tomorrow (Monday). I'm just getting myself ready for hearing that I am gestational diabetic...at least this time I know more about it and I know I'll survive!
Zane is still REALLY into coloring! This week we bought a giant coloring book while shopping for a birthday gift. Here he is coloring a picture from it:


Matt picked Zane up one day this week and they drove through Sonic for a pop. Later on, when Zane was going to the bathroom, Matt said "oh, that must be your diet coke coming out." Then he went to the bathroom a little later, Matt said "more diet coke," and Zane said "No, this is root beer." When we were getting Zane ready for bed and reading books, he all of a sudden realized he had to go to the bathroom, ran in, and I heard him say "Look, sprite!" Then he looked at Matt and said "Whew, I made it!" You probably had to be there, but it was hilarious!

We stayed in KC this weekend and it was nice to get odds and ends done around here. Friday we were going to go watch some racing action down here, but due to all the rain the races were cancelled. Joella reminded us that the circus was in town, so we got tickets. By the time Matt got home from work, the weather was getting worse and there were tornado warnings out! We were unsure if we should even leave home or not...but finally decided to go. We got there late, but I'm glad we went! Zane wasn't too sure at first, but he ended up warming up to it!

He did NOT like the loud music at first!
Warming up when the tigers came out!
One of his favorites...tigers!
He also loved the clowns
Cheering/hollering!
This was the ONLY treat we got, it was $12!
The elephants...he wasn't too sure of them.
Dad & Zane watching the Circus

Today we went to church. It had been awhile since we'd been there! It was nice to go again. Afterwards we drove around some neighborhoods looking for houses that are "for sale" (we'd like to move maybe next summer). Then Matt had to head to Iowa for the races. They only got 1/2 way through the features last week, so they wanted to finish them this week. They were at 4:00. Zane and I have had a nice afternoon, but we have missed having Daddy here!
We're hoping that Matt's parents, brother, and sister made it to London! They left from KC Friday, but were delayed about 7 hours or so due to weather and planes not working correctly. They didn't get off to a good start! I think they are missing out on a whole day of their vacation, which stinks! We do know that they got to Chicago, but had to spend the night there before heading out in the morning. I'm sure they'll have lots of stories to tell us!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: