Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

This week Uncle Brent was here again for some classes! He spent the night at our house Sunday and Thursday night. Zane thought it was funny to be loud and try to wake him up in the morning!

Preschool drop-off was a little harder this week. Zane CRIED hard when I left him, both days! Tuesday he even tried running after me. His teacher said it took him about 20 minutes to calm himself down, but then he had a great day. I don't know why he's doing it...when I pick him up he'll tell me how much fun he had! Thursday I actually had an all-day meeting at his building, so I was able to go down a few times during the day and peek at him in action. It was so strange to see my "baby" sitting at a table doing "school stuff!" The kids were all coloring a picture...everyone sitting nicely holding one crayon...and Zane with a fistful! That's my boy! Later on I peeked in on him sleeping. That day they had a fire AND tornado drill, it was a busy day at preschool! Here's a picture of Zane reading in the living room one evening this week:

School was busy this week. I had my first sub day Thursday and it was a long day with parent orientation that night until 8:00. I am so uncomfortable talking in front of a roomful of adults! I'm glad it's over. Friday we headed to Iowa for the long weekend. It was a busy, but relaxing weekend. We got to see a lot of family this weekend. Matt's cousin Abby and her husband Wes were back from Montana. We saw them a year ago, so it was nice to see them and spend time with them again! Matt, his dad, sister, brother, and cousin Sarah went boating Sunday. Zane, Keeta, and I opted out! It's good thing we did because Zane ended up getting up in the night Saturday night with a fever and had it all day Sunday. He was so much better today and didn't have a fever at all, so we're glad it was short lived! It's so sad to see him just drop and not have any energy, that's just NOT my boy!

Here are a few pictures from this weekend. My dad pushing Zane in the wheel barrow:

Grandma and Grandpa Beggs riding the go-cart:

Zane and Keaton playing Jarts...

Zane loves to have "parades" on the farm. He gets in front and everyone has to follow him. Here is Marcy and Brent in the "parade."

Have a GREAT week!

Zane's Funnies

Matt recently taught Zane to wink. Along with the wink, he taught him to say "How ya doing, hot stuff?" It is SO FUNNY to see Zane do this! He can't completely figure out the wink, but he turns his head to the side, closes one (or both) eye, and says "Doing hot stuffs?" The problem: he says it to EVERYONE! I am trying to get him to do this on camera so you all can see it!

I have worked and worked with Zane on the ABC's and he always joins in, but only on certain parts...this week he all of a sudden broke out into the ABC song, sang it all the way through, even with the ending! We were shocked and proud!

No comments: