



I was done with school on Wednesday. With Zane out of town, I was able to get a lot of work done at school. I even got a lot of things ready for the fall! We got a few odds and ends projects done around the house, which was a little easier without our little "helper." Our house was WAY too quiet though...we didn't know what to think! We sure missed the little guy, but every time we called home, he was too busy to talk! We were just glad that he was happy where he was instead of crying on the phone for us to come get him!
There has been some nasty weather in Iowa...one night we called Zane and the electricity was out. He was trying and trying to get the tv to come on but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't! He did think it was fun to use a flashlight to get around everywhere! In Corning, where we go racing every Saturday, they were slammed with rain. The racetrack was completely under water. Here are a couple of pictures to show you how bad it was! Needless to say, the races were cancelled this week and may have to be cancelled for longer. It has been quite a year for racing!

The local Pizza Hut
We met up with Gaga, Papa, and Zane Friday evening in Maryville. We were nervous that Zane would be mad that we were taking him home, but as soon as he saw us he had a huge smile on his face and gave us big hugs! We ate supper then headed home. We had them bring the boat down since we figured we'd have time to go on the lake!
We took the boat out Saturday late morning. The water was rough! The sun never did come out, but it was humid and a nice day to be out on the boat. We were having a really good time, then all of a sudden we heard a loud noise! One of the blades on the propeller broke completely off! I was so nervous that we'd have to swim our way back...and we were probably 5 miles from shore! Luckily we idled it in and there was a very nice gentleman who drove Matt to the pickup so we could load up and head home. That was very scary and not something I'd like to have to repeat!




Yesterday we spent doing things around the house. We are starting to work on Zane's big boy room. He wants us to paint blue, so blue it is! I'm anxious to see how it all turns out!
We have officially begun our summer and I must say it's nice! I'm looking forward to having some fun with my Zaner, but I do know how fast it will all go...so I'm trying to savor each moment!
Take care and check back in soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment