Sunday, February 12, 2017

January in Review

Life is busy, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blog!  I got on here and realized I have all of 2017 to catch up on, so thought I'd just do the month of January, and possibly start updating once a month instead of weekly.  That might be more manageable.

This little guy has just stolen our hearts and the more we see him the more we miss him when we're apart.  It's kinda harder now that he can talk and recognizes us!  He turned TWO in January - so hard to believe!

At Christmas the boys taught him to dab, so here he is dabbing!

Watching the snow!

Enjoying a birthday cupcake!

Birthday donuts!

He played with a toy like this at our house over and over, so we got him one of his own for his birthday!

Swimming time!!!

Not only did Thomas have a birthday, Bryce did as well!  So hard to believe he turned FIVE on January 2nd!  He's already ready to go to kindergarten!  The day we returned to school he said "Mom, I'm going to your school!"  Not quite yet, buddy!

Growing up too fast!

Si and Buzz came to wish him Happy Birthday!

FIVE!!

Happy to be opening presents!

A rip stick!

Band-aids!  Even on his birthday!  (I don't think they were completely necessary)

We love game time!  Farkle!

Trying on his superhero capes and masks

His dream - Chuck-E-Cheese

Selfie time!

He spent almost all of his money making "licenses"

Cupcake time!

Five candles need a BIG BREATH

He got them all out!
We were so happy to have the Ottis girls over during break!  Between our kids' activities and their kids' activities, we don't see NEAR enough of them!  We had so much fun!

Pie Face Showdown was hilarious!





Bryce, Mason and I had a dentist checkup.  This was Bryce's 3rd or 4th time going and he usually does so well, but this time he had NO desire to let them clean his teeth, so we had to stop.  He came in and sat in the room with me, and after a few minutes I looked over to this...must have been tired.  I hope this isn't a "thing."  My boys have always been great at the dentist and we've never had any trouble.

Being 5 can wear you out!
I had a teacher work day, and the next day was supposed to be our first day with kids.  Not so much.  We had a snow day!  So that week we ended up only having school on Friday.  So weird.  The boys wanted to go out and scoop and I wasn't going to argue!

Get to work boy!

This looks good...

I'll throw it!

2 workers...one wanderer...

Zane resting in the snow after scooping

This could be trouble...

Bryce cleaned off our patio in the back

Mason's snowman...
It's been fun watching Mason play basketball this winter.  He's on a more competitive team this year with many of the same boys from the past.

Dribble...

SHOOT!

Get him!

Ball, ball, ball!

Matt is the scorekeeper sometimes
The first weekend in January was the Beggs Christmas at Jack's.  I stayed home because Adam was in the hospital with double pneunomia.  The boys headed that way to hang out with the Beggs family.

Headed to Iowa!

Bryce's new Indians sweatshirt from Brent and Jodie

Worn out!

Doggie pile!
Breakfast at Wendy's before school one day

Ricky Vaughn jersey from Adam and Bethany

BB8 from Adam and Bethany
 Bryce has been into dressing up with the boys' old Halloween costumes.

Mason's old costume

"Mom, this is what they do."

IronMan went to basketball practice!
Mason's 2nd grade musical was about the jungle.  Mason's class was hyenas.  He actually participated in the singing and dancing much more than I anticipated!

Waiting for their turn

On stage ready for his part!

The silly hyenas!

Mason's class
Zane's baseball team had a family bowling night.  It was fun to see the boys having a good time together.  We are hoping for a great season!  This will be the first time Zane will be with the same team for 2 seasons in a row, so hoping that helps!

Bowling with the team

Enjoying time with teammates

Matt and Bryce goofing off

CHEESE!
January was a busy month, and February isn't letting us down in that regard either!  As crazy as it is, I love watching the boys doing things they love!  Trying to slow down and enjoy the moments!

No comments: