Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer Ends...School Begins

Well, our summer break is over!  :(  It was a good one!  The boys are at such fun ages to do things!  On one of our last days we went to the movies together!

Movie selfie!  Blurry, but this is the best we could get!
My sweet, sweet friend Terri sent me a text saying they were headed to KC and it worked out that we could meet for supper!  Yay!  She's the kind of friend you can go years without seeing, but the minute you're together again it's like you were never apart!  Love that girl, and her family!  We had such a great time!

The VanGelders and Bakers - reunited and it feels so good!

Miss this girl SO much!

Brad, Terri, Me, Matt
August 8th we traveled to Iowa to see Marcy and Nate get married in their home.  It was a nice day to be together!

Getting started

All the family...


That was funny

Vows!


Zane was the ring bearer

Sealed with a kiss!

Making it official!
I don't really know how THIS happened, but Bryce is old enough for school!  Here he is on his Back to School Night:

Such a big boy sitting at his table!

With his teacher, Mrs. Fredde

Silly!

Checking everything out!



A daddy and Bryce selfie, cause they were soaked (one with water, one with sweat)
 I was really thankful that Bryce's first day was 3 days before MY first day.  I knew I would be a tad emotional.  I took him that morning and he was happy to go.  We'd been talking about it for quite some time, in hopes it would make the transition an easy one.  I did well and he went in willingly.  I didn't cry until I hugged him, then I lost it in the van.
Awww...

Goofy kid!
Outside of his school!

Mom, watch this!  Can I see the picture?

 That night we went to the Royals game!  Such a fun night!



Johnny Cueto!
Zane, Mason, and I started school 3 days later.  I think they were ready to get back!!

4th Grade!!!


Getting ready!
1st Grade!



A little catch before we head to school!

Some more baseball after school

Adam and Bethany came over for supper on the first day!

I witness some sweet moments every now and then...
 This past weekend we went to the Iowa State Fair.  It was fun!!

John Deere boy

Nate, Marcy and Mason on the Crazy Mouse.  Mason said he liked it, what do you think???

Rice Krispie treat on a stick!
Harnessing up for zip lining

Ready...set...
 GO!  Sorry it's sideways!

Fun with Marcy and Nate!
Saturday night we went to the Tesla/Styx/Def Leppard concert with the Hogans.  Such a fun time!  We had to recreate this photo that we took 4 years ago!

SUCH a fun time!

LOVE!

Nicole and Matt selfie!

Rocking out!
Sunday we spent a couple more hours at the fair.  The boys went down the big slide.  Bryce cried when he got off and told me it "hurt his breath."  He's not a fan!

I miss this little guy, but sure enjoy the pictures I get from his parents!!!

Sitting up...like a boss!

Ready to swim!

These two pictures are so cute...how he reacted to seeing his mom pick him up one day!!!


Beach babe!

Hanging out watching the Cardinals!

No comments: