Monday, July 20, 2015

Drive-In, Royals, 4th, Ozarks, VBS, and Baseball...Whew!

Long time no update...so sorry this is going to be a long one...
 
We made a "Baker Family Fun" list for this summer.  It has things we want to do on it.  One of the things we transferred from last year's list that we didn't get to was going to the drive-in.  We have now gone twice and LOVE it!  Kids are free, adults are $10 each, so we all go for $20.  Plus you are able to watch two movies, what a steal!  We loaded up with blankets, pillows, chairs, food, drinks, and it was great!  I like the ability to move around, not be so super quiet, and just be outside in the summertime!
 
Waiting for the movie to start

Enjoying some candy, and trying to avoid the camera!

It wasn't too crowded...haha!  It filled in later on.
We took in a Royals game with the Ottis family.  It was so great to spend the time with them!  We don't have kids in school together anymore so we don't see each other daily - I don't like it!
 

We had a "Royal" time!
After the game we waited by where the players come out to get into their vehicles.  We saw all of them, but only a couple stopped to talk/autograph!
Chris Young

Drew Butera

Cool kids!

Playing their own game of baseball
Bryce collecting sticks
 
Bryce kept saying "Where's Billy Butler?"  He doesn't realize Billy was traded!
For the 4th of July we watched the parade from Jo's driveway, as we do each year.  They were out of town on college visits (aah...my Erika is graduating) so we didn't see them, but it was so nice of them to let us have a parking space and spot to sit!  The boys loved the parade!
 
Bryce just sat there, waving and waving!
 "There are so many people!"
 
Sitting back enjoying the parade
The day after the 4th we headed to the Ozarks for the Baker Family Vacation!  This year Madison brought a friend, who the boys LOVED as much as they love Madison!  All 3 of the boys skied this year, with Zane using regular skis that weren't attached, Mason graduating from the EZ Ski, and Bryce tried the EZ Ski!  We didn't hit the weather jackpot, as we had 2 rainy days, but we made the most of it!!!
 
The thing during the week was to do things to people who fell asleep while others were awake.  Honey went on many faces...and Madison posed with sleeping Mason.  He didn't believe us, even when he saw the picture!

Row, row, row your boat!

Masers

Entertaining themselves...

Seeing how tall they could get it

Arcade on a rainy day

Winning!

Getting an egg

The most tickets he has EVER won!
The dam

Rowing with Dad

Matt went knee boarding!

Go Zane go!

Mason getting ready to ski

Marcy getting Mason ready

Awwww...

Selfie!

Another one with our oldest!


Bryce and Mason jumped in the lake at the same time and hit heads.  See the bandaid on his eyebrow?  Ended up good that it rained so we could keep him out of the water to keep it clean.

Monopoly was a favorite

Quality time...

Hanging out

Relaxing

Lots of cards were played as well
Zane skiing outside of our house

Frankie and Louie's!

The gang...most of us anyway

Trying to catch a "killer catfish"

Dad throwing Bryce

Woah!  Nate throwing Bryce

Lake view of our house
Private dock

No fear...

Cowabunga!

Zaners jumping in
Brent throwing Mason

Brent throwing Bryce  (P.S.  it took 2 adult men to even ATTEMPT to throw Zane)

Cutie!

That looks like trouble!

Loving the lake!

Water gun fight!

Skiing!

Waving at me from the water!
Zane skiing
 
Mason skiing
 
As soon as we returned from the Ozarks, I was in full-fledged VBS mode.  I was one of the co-directors this year.  I spent 11 hours the day after we got back at church helping get everything ready!  It was exhausting!  But I did feel bad because the other directors were there most of the weekend, while I was at the lake...whoops!  So I stayed that long to make up for it!
 
While I was at church I got this email...sweaty dad from mowing and wet Bryce from the hose!

Tyler and Zane singing!
I'm so lucky to have Mary - she picked the kids up from VBS 3 days last week so I could stay, renew my license, go to lunch with a friend, and go to an appointment! 

The Baker and Ottis kids at McDonald's playland
 Mason had his last 3 games this week.  I thought we would only have one more after vacation, but both of the games that week were rained out, so we had them all this past week!  I think baseball was his favorite sport, he keeps asking me if I can sign him up again!

After one game this week he said "Mom can I stay and play with my friend?"  So they did!

Mason pitching to Trent
 VBS was busy, but so rewarding!  We spent a lot of hours at the church, but had so much fun!  Friday it was over and some of us celebrated by karaoking that night!  It was so fun!  We had a new baby-sitter come over, one of the daughters of a co-worker.  She did great with them!

Meghan playing catch with the boys - this was before I even left the house!
Whew!  I'm all caught up now!  This week we are trying to enjoy our time together since it's our last full week together before I go back to school!  Next week the boys are in Iowa, then I start the week after!  Craziness!

No comments: