We had snow! There wasn't a lot, and it wasn't super heavy, but we did have our first snow day of the school year on Thursday! I wasn't too happy about it...on the brink of a 2 week Christmas break...and so much to get done. But...what do you do? I will say it was probably one of the best snow days we've had. The boys of course wanted to play in the snow. In the past it takes us 20 minutes to get ready and out there, and within 5-10 they are ready to come in! This year was much better. Everyone wanted to stay out and play, and I was the one asking them to come in! I really wish they would consider 2 hour late starts here...by 10:30 all of the snow was melting off of the pavement!
.jpg) |
| Zane's fort wall |
.jpg) |
| Mason's wall |
.jpg) |
| Actually posing for me |
.jpg) |
| The boys both worked and worked on their walls so they could have a snowball fight. Then Mason decided he didn't want to...so here's Zane...deflated...wanting to snowball fight. |
.JPG) |
| Wow he looks tough! |
.JPG) |
| We could even ride bikes! |
.JPG) |
| Snowball fight! |
.JPG) |
| 2 against 1 |
.JPG) |
| All 3 in on it! |
.JPG) |
| I'm going to get you! |
That same day was our Santa visit at Jo's house. The boys had really been looking forward to it so we were glad she still had it. This year it was especially meaningful since it's the last one we'll have. Jo is retiring from daycare and Friday was her last day. All 3 of the boys went to Jo-Jo's house. She has watched all of them from 6 weeks on. It's going to be hard to not drive my car to her house twice daily!
.JPG) |
| Waiting for Santa to arrive |
.JPG) |
| Everyone waiting |
.JPG) |
| The rest of the crew |
.JPG) |
| He's here! |
.JPG) |
| Jo with the kids |
.JPG) |
| Nice Zane! |
.JPG) |
| Mason telling him he wants a stuffed elf. |
.JPG) |
| Bryce was the last kid to get a present from Santa. He waited so patiently on the couch, just taking it all in. I wasn't sure what he would do since the last Santa visit didn't go well. As soon as he heard his name he got right up, ran up to Santa, put his arms out, and sat on his lap. When Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas he said "lot of stuff." It must have been the present offered up to him that made him go right up to the big guy! |
Friday was a half day of school for Bryce and I, and a full day for Zane and Mason. After getting the boys and finishing packing, we headed to Iowa for the weekend. When it was time for pajamas and bed, this was Bryce:
.jpg) |
| "I no want to go to bed!" |
Saturday we had our Christmas with Matt's parents and siblings.
.JPG) |
| Ready for presents! |
.JPG) |
| Bryce kept saying "Mom, I please open a present?" |
.JPG) |
| CHEESE! |
.JPG) |
| Mason's turn! |
.JPG) |
| Brent, Madison & Jodie |
.JPG) |
| He's showing me the present...not a great job of letting me see it! |
.JPG) |
| I was trying to get a picture of Zane and Mason with their new scooters here...but Bryce decided to photo bomb it! |
.jpg) |
| Playing games...Skip Bo here...check out Brent's hand...all Skip Bos! |
Sunday we had the Beggs Christmas. There were 34 there! It was nice to be able to have so many! I didn't even get my camera out on Sunday so no pictures to post. We got to meet our newest family member, baby Kenzie. She was so sweet and it's so hard to remember my own babies being that little...but they were!
Today starts our Christmas break from school. Already today I've heard "I'm bored" but we're trying to stay busy and just enjoy some time together! Lots to get done before the Big Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment