So this was the day Zane Matt had been researching, planing, preparing, and waiting for! Our first pinewood derby! It was on Saturday morning. Zane and Matt left ahead of the rest of us for "weigh ins." We got there JUST IN TIME to see Zane's first race...which he won!
 |
| 1st race! |
 |
| Guess what!?! |
 |
| He WON!!! |
They race "heats," or "rounds" and they go by time, not finishes.
 |
| Next round... |
.JPG) |
| 2nd Place! |
I'll spare you, I didn't take pictures of every single round. But it really was fun watching Zane (and Matt) watching his car! I wish I would have gotten a picture of Zane cheering when his car won! It was priceless! He was throwing his hands in the air and waving at me! :)
 |
| My littlest and biggest boys watching the races! |
 |
| Zane's pack |
 |
| The results are in...he got 5th!!! |
 |
| Trophy time! |
 |
| One proud boy! |
 |
| Dad, Zane, and their car! |
 |
| Zane and his buddy Tyler "buffing" their cars! |
.JPG) |
| Zane and his buddy West with their cars |
.JPG) |
| All that work, and worry, and measuring, and aligning, and in the end they just want to roll their cars around the gym floor! |
As glad as I am that these races are over, it really was fun to watch Matt and Zane working together on the car! I'm really not sure which of them was more excited...and though I say it's over...the "research" is already beginning for next year...ha!
1 comment:
in the end... it's all just a car...
Post a Comment