Monday, September 3, 2012

Mason's First Day of Preschool and Family Reunion!

Last week was a big week for Mason!  On Monday evening we had his "Back to School" night!  I was so excited for Mason!!!  This was a night for him to see his school again and meet his teachers.  It went just about like I thought it would...he was super excited the whole week before.  Wanted to go.  Talked about it.  Then as soon as we got there and he was spoken to...he got an attitude!  He wouldn't talk to the teachers...look at them...play with anyone...just hid behind us...screamed at us...and wanted to play on the playground.  The only things he seemed excited about were the cookies, inside play area, and playground! 
 
His first official day was Wednesday.  Since I didn't drop him off, there were no tears from Mama...thankfully...and this boy was all smiles that day!
 
Big preschool boy!

Spiderman backpack
I am always so excited to pick my kids up on their first day of school!  I love hearing their reactions to everything!!!  When Matt dropped Mason off, he was smiling.  When I picked him up, he was smiling...so I would consider that a success!  Upon asking him about his day, he said "The gingerbread man came to my school!  We had to look for him!  We turned that way, but he wasn't there.  We went that way, but he wasn't there.  He went home.  But he left us his friends to eat!"  It was so cute to listen to!  That night, Mason got to pick where we ate supper.  He chose 5 guys!

Mason...where are you?  He thought he was hiding in the hallway!!!
This little man is growing up right before our very eyes!

Pulling up to everything!!!!!!!!!
This weekend we had my mom's family reunion, the Kathol family.  They hadn't had one in 25 years!  We kind of lucked out because it was in Kansas City, right down the road from our house.  I know my mom enjoyed seeing her cousins.  I enjoyed meeting lots of family members I didn't know I had!
Bryce enjoyed his time with Papa!

"NO PICTURES MOM!"

Mom's sister's family:  Paul, Brian, Heidi, Lisa, Jan, Jess
And his time with Grandma...

Our family:  Back:  Paul, Jan, Mom, Dad.  Front:  Matt, Aaron, Michele, Adam, Me, Bryce, Zane, Jess, Lisa, Mason, Brian, Heidi

The Kathol Group...not all...but most that were there...

Outside of Smokehouse BBQ

Jess and Curt

Adam & Lisa

Michele & Aaron (newly engaged)!

Heidi, Brian, and Bryce.  Don't they look ADORABLE with a baby?  :o)

Zane & Adam

Matt and I

Zane coloring
One of mom's cousins, Brian, got in a pretty bad motorcycle accident on his way to the reunion.  He is currently in the hospital here in town and will be there for quite some time.  Sounds like he's lucky that he is ok.  He already had an 8 hour surgery and has many more in his future.  Please pray for his continued healing!

Can you believe Bryce is 8 months?  I can't!

It's getting hard to get a good Big Bird photo!!!
I was trying to capture the teeth...look close!

No comments: