Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!!!

It's so fun to watch these boys interact with one another!  I overheard Mason say "I love you Bryce.  You are the best brother!"  Then he gave him a kiss.  I hope they are all best friends forever!

My boys hanging out watching tv!

Zane juggling while Mason and Bryce watch!

Hanging out!

So hard to believe this little guy is sitting up in the Bumbo!

Happy Bryce at Jo's
On Friday, Jo had an egg hunt at her house.  Mason was excited to take his new bucket I got him!
Mason with all of the eggs he found!
I got brave again and tried having Bryce sleep un-swaddled.  This was Thursday night.  He did OK...not marvelous...just OK...  Friday night when I tried putting him down un-swaddled he just couldn't get relaxed.  So...we are back to swaddling.  It's just a much more restful night for everyone!
Sweet baby!

Friday night we hung out with the Ottis family!  First we met for supper.  Then we headed to our house for an Easter "Egg"stravaganza!  Mary and I helped the kids dye eggs while Matt and Jason filled eggs with candy and glow sticks!  You got it...we had a glow in the dark egg hunt!

Zane, Mason, and Matt filling eggs

Jason, Madelyn, Bryce, Mary, Nora

The kids ready to dye eggs.  We used Kool-Aid as our "dye" and whisks to hold the eggs.  Both ideas off of Pinterest...both worked...however next year we'll skip the Kool-Aid.  The colors weren't the best.  But the whisks...amazing!

So then I asked them to all kiss...Zane and Madelyn couldn't stop laughing...Mason and Nora were very cooperative!  Leave it to our second children!

Waiting...patiently???

"When will this egg be ready???"

Mason getting ready to check his egg

All smiles Nora!

The gang!

I hear Jason loves to dye eggs...he only got one out of their hands...

The final result!  Smelled great!  However the colors weren't as vibrant as using regular dye!

Mason, Nora, Madelyn, Zane...all ready to hunt GLOWING eggs!

This photo doesn't do it justice at all...it was SO COOL!  As soon as the kids saw the yard full of glowing dots...they said "Cool!  Awesome!"

This is the kids lining up...check out their glowing baskets!

In this picture, Matt told them to wave an egg around in the air.  Too cool!

Can you believe that Bryce is 3 months old already?!?  I sure can't!  He has brought such joy to our family!  We love him dearly!  Here are a few of his stats:
  • Eats about 4 ounces every 3-4 hours (STILL)
  • Tracks our every move with his eyes!  Literally...moves his head to watch us wherever we go!
  • Loves to watch his older brothers
  • Smiles.a.lot.
  • Still loves to be swaddled to sleep
  • Loves to be held...but prefers facing out
  • Has rolled over at home and Jo's
  • Pushes himself out of bouncy seats...we have to be careful!
  • Loves to sit up in the Bumbo or Jumparoo
  • Wakes up once at night to eat a bottle
Bryce and Big Bird...3 months!

Sugar Bear!
Big Brother Mason with Bryce
Saturday afternoon Matt headed up to help Yancy with the racecar.  While he was gone, Mason had an AMAZING idea!  His "cows" were apparently hungry, so he fed them!  He wasn't sure what to feed them, but then he found a few things of oil and decided that was a good idea.  So he put the oil in a few buckets we had on hand and went out to his "field" (the driveway).  He THREW the "feed" to the cows.  When I got over freaking out and asked him why he did it, his response was, "But Mom, my cows were hungry.  I was just feeding them!"

"Feeding the cows"

Sunda was Easter and we didn't have any travel plans.  Luckily, Matt's parents and grandparensts also didn't have anything going on so they came down.  We decided NOT to tell the boys so they could be surprised!  And surprised they were!

Waking up to chocolate eggs all over the floor!

Happy Easter, Zane!

Happy Easter, Mason!
Happy FIRST Easter little man!
Big brothers showing baby brohter his goodies.
After breakfast...hanging out watching some cartoons!
Dinner!
Exercising!
CATCH!
Kissable!
FUN!

4 generations of Baker boys!

This weekend I read about the Olsen Family.  On March 17th, their lives were forever changed.  Julie's husband, Sheldon, took their son out in their canoe so that Julie could finish a book she was reading.  After all, it was her birthday.  Sheldon and Jace never returned that day.  I just feel compelled to share this story.  Julie needs prayers!  If you'd like to read more, click here:  http://sheldonandjulieo.blogspot.com/.

Stories such as these help me put things in perspective and remind me to SAVOR each moment...even those that are very trying, for it all could be over in the blinnk of an eye.  Be sure to hug your families tightly and always make sure they know how much they are loved!

No comments: