SNOW!! |
| "It's suck (stuck)!" |
| Getting ready to make a snow angel |
| Doesn't Mason look happy? Only Zane got a sled ride... |
I feel like I'm the only teacher alive who doesn't live for snow days! Don't get me wrong, I love an occasional one here or there in the middle of the long stretches of winter...but we also had snow days Tuesday and Wednesday...3 days in a row! This after just coming back for 4 days the week before...and realizing that winter is just beginning around here! I personally would rather be home with the boys in May...when it's nice...and Zane actually can "get his energy out" by playing outside with out five layers of warmth on! Plus...Mason will stay out there too! As Zane quite obviously was bored at home, he went to preschool Tuesday and Wednesday. They had such fun! They made snow ice cream and painted the snow!
| Brothers! (Ignore Mason's messy face and pants...) |
Friday morning at Zane's preschool there was a "Donuts with Dad" sponsored by the PTA. Matt went with Zane and he told me it was really neat to go there and see Zane on "his turf" for the morning. I guess Zane was explaining all about the things that were there, what they do, where they go, etc, etc. Someone there was going around and taking pictures of the dads with their kids and when she showed them their picture, Zane said, "I like that picture because it's just you and me Dad!" Then he gave him a HUGE hug, and they took a picture of them hugging! I can't wait to see those pictures! Matt said to me, "it's the little things" and I completely agree! Those are the things our kids will remember!
Friday night Zane and I went on a "date" to the movies. He chose to see Tangled (I asked my boys at school first...they said he'd like it and it wasn't too "girlie"). We ate right before, so surprisingly he didn't want a snack...but he did want some candy afterwards. We had fun, just the two of us, we don't get to do that too often!
| Zane and Mom at the movies! |
Saturday we hung out at home, waiting for Papa and Grandma to arrive! I had a wedding reception for a co-worker, who was married in Colorado on New Year's Day, to attend, so they came down to watch the boys so we could go to it. It was a lot of fun!
| Graden girls...Lisa, Stephanie, Tara, Maggie, Sarah, Chris, Michelle, Me |
Zane-isms
- The other day I said "something stinks" and Zane's response was, "I think it's your breath!" Oh the honesty of children...
Mason's Marvels
- Mason has been singing the ABC's pretty well now...he gets almost every letter in (and repeats some). At the end we've been inserting the name of someone we know ("next time won't you sing with Papa"). He thinks it's so funny and wants to sing it over and over to add new people's names in!
- Usually when I say "who's my baby?" Mason will shout "Me!" This week he's been saying "I no baby!"
- Thursday night I left (alone) to go get groceries. I guess Mason was standing at the door saying "Mama! Take me! I get go-cees!"






No comments:
Post a Comment