This week began with a trip to the doctor for Mason's 2 year checkup. Little did we know that we would leave with 2 prescriptions...one for double pink eye and one for a sinus infection! His eyes had been a little gunky, but I didn't DREAM he had pink eye! We're doing well now though! Zane had preschool Tuesday-Thursday, and I took him all 3 mornings, while Mason and I got a lot of errands and cleaning up around the house done. Our Christmas decorations are all put away and we're somewhat back to normal, whatever that is! I was lucky enough to be able to have Erika (Jo's daughter) come over Wednesday to watch Mason for me so I could go eat lunch with Zane at Preschool. He has been asking for that for a long time, and it was really neat to see him in his daily environment! I just wish he had those manners and listened that well at home!
Friday we headed to Iowa for the annual Bunch Christmas in Des. Moines. Each year we stay in a hotel where we have a party room to gather and we just spend lots of time together. The boys were excited to go swimming as Mason kept saying "swim in pool please Mom?" He has great manners! We did swim a little Friday...the pool seemed cold and the hot tub seemed hot! Saturday we headed out to the mall for a little while and then hung out at the hotel until everyone got there. Then we ordered pizza and did our gift exchange. The boys went swimming again after that.
 |
| Zane posing in our hotel room |
 |
| Mason played in the closet a lot! |
 |
| Laying in bed watching a movie together! |
 |
| Matt relaxing in the hotel room |
 |
| A full house! I think we had around 70 there! |
 |
| Maddie posing for me |
 |
| And her twin Katie not thinking I'm cool... |
 |
| Cousin Ella |
 |
| Zane with his gifts |
 |
| Mason with his gift |
So if there's one thing my family LOVES to do, it's play games and LAUGH! In fact, Friday night another group of people were in the main gathering room and came into the party room to ask what our family was playing because it sounded like they were having so much fun! If you've never played the game "Quelf," well, you should! We discussed last night that we have no idea how anyone would have come up with some of these things...but it makes for an interesting evening when you play the game! I wasn't in the room (thankfully) when the game began, so I was able to watch from the sidelines and take photos...I'm sure everyone's glad this was all captured on film!
 |
| Jamie had to keep her hand in a bowl of water until her next turn. |
 |
| Joan had to slow dance with the person on her right...way to go Rob! |
 |
| Diane had to act like a weeping willow tree each time the number 4 was rolled. |
 |
| There were two things everyone had to say...one when someone landed on a red spot on the gameboard and one when a phone rang...and whoever said it last had to move back on the gameboard. |
 |
| Susan had to wear something with a chin strap, hold a plunger like a sword (we used a water bottle instead), and wear a mask for the rest of the game (lucky girl to get all of those cards)! |
 |
Donnella had to stand like this and say something...I don't even remember what it was!
|
As you can see from the pictures, we had a great weekend! This was the last of our Christmas gatherings, and as much as I hate to see them come to an end, it will be nice to get back into our routine. We made many many amazing new memories!
2010 was a tough year for many, and our family didn't escape hard times. We lost 3 amazing people...Grandpa Beggs, Grandma Kathol, and Grandpa Kathol. We know they are watching over us every day, but we miss them dearly. Can you imagine how much fun they all had celebrating Jesus' birthday with him? 2011 is already looking brighter...we have 2 weddings in our family...Sarah and Kurtis and Brian and Heidi...so we have lots to look forward to and be thankful for!
Happy New Year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment