Monday, May 17, 2010

Zane the Fisherman!

What a crazy week of weather! If it wasn't raining, then it was raining! My kids had their field day rescheduled because of the weather. They were pretty disappointed, but at least we have something to look forward to this week now!

One day this week when it was storming, we were hanging out in the house listening to the rain and thunder. I explained to Zane that when I was growing up we would say that the thunder was God bowling with the angels. So I asked him if he thought God was bowling with Grandma Kathol since she was an angel now. It spawned a huge conversation that went something likke this:
Z: "I won't see Grandma Kathol anymore. Why did she get sick?"
A: "Well, sometimes when people get old their bodies get worn out and then God needs them
to be an angel."
Z: "How did God get Grandma Kathol?"
A: (thinking...hmmm...what did I get myself into here) "I'm not sure. He just really needed
her to help him out."
Then it began to thunder more.
A: "Do you think Grandma's still bowling?"
Z: (hand at his ear, listening) "Listen! I can hear it...Grandma just got a strike!"
A: "Yea Grandma! Let's cheer for her!"
Z: "Yea Grandma! Good job getting a strike!"
A: "Tell her you love her!"
Z: "I love you Grandma Kathol!"
Wish I would have had that all on camera!

This weekend we stayed with Matt's parents. Poor Zane, all he wants is to plant corn or beans, and it has been raining the last 3 weekends! They keep telling him, "maybe next week..." and one of these weeks it'll happen! So this weekend Old Papa asked Zane over to go fishing. He "planted" a couple of poles so that the fish would bite and Zane could reel a couple in, but little did he know that Zane would do fine all on his own! We got a phone call that within 2 minutes of Zane being there he had already caught 2 fish! And they kept coming! We had to go and take a look for ourselves. Check out these pictures of his very successful fishing excursion!

Do you like the fishing pole? Fancy!
Old Papa and Zane reeling one in!
Mason trying it out...
Look at all of these fish Mom!
Mason is happiest when on the 4-wheeler!
This one keeps looking at me!
The boys with Papa

I'm not sure who was happier about the fish...Papa or Zane! I don't think it could have gone any better! They decided to try again Sunday, but did NOT have as good of luck...they only caught one in an hour and a half...but it was a big one! I think Zane got a little more frustrated Sunday, but now he sees what fishing really is like! Saturday was Craig's birthday, so Grandma Baker cooked an amazing dinner for us Sunday. It was so nice to hang out at their house on Sunday! We don't get to do that enough!
Zane-isms
  • "I don't want to live in Kansas City." Why not Zane? "I want to live with Grandma."
  • Lately we've been hearing "don't make me come over there." or "Don't make me spit on you." Yuck on the last one!

Mason's Marvels

  • Mason was drinking out of his sippy cup and bumped the cup into the chair. It hit his mouth and he began to cry. He was holding onto his mouth where it hit and all of a sudden he said, "OW!"
  • Mason loves his "ban kee" and carries his blankies all over the place!

No comments: