The babies hanging out!
Sammy, Zane, & Ryan ready to open gifts!
"Happy Birthday to You!"
Wednesday Zane celebrated at school. Again, he took Cars cupcakes. After Zane fell asleep Wednesday, Matt and I blew up some balloons. Thursday morning I snuck into his bedroom and put them on his floor before he woke up. I went in to wake him up and I sang Happy Birthday to him, then told him to look at the floor. He just grinned and said, "Mom, how did you do that?" Oh, it's the simple things! On Thursday, his actual birthday, he went to Jo's house. We gave him one present, a stuffed Buzz Lightyear, that morning, so he had to take him to Jo's. Matt didn't have to work that afternoon, so he picked Zane up early. He thought maybe they'd go to a movie or do something fun, but all Zane wanted to do was go home and wait for Mason and I (he knew when we got home he'd get the rest of his presents). For supper, he requested a corn dog and corn & macaroni...so his wish was our command!
Happy Birthday!
We had so much fun celebrating Zaner! This weekend we went to Iowa. The boys had a great time on the farm, as always. They could live there! We've been missing Grandpa/Grandma Beggs! Grandpa is in the hospital with an infection. Please keep him lifted up in prayer for a speedy recovery and the ability to come home soon!
Zane-isms
- Zane loves to wear cowboy boots, but I don't enjoy it when he puts them over his jeans, and I always tell him he looks like a "doo-dah." Last weekend he put his boots on and his pants were tucked in. He came up to me and said, "Hey, Mom! I like to look like a doo-dah!" Apparently the same weekend he told Papa Farmer that he looked like a doo-dah, but then Papa explained to him that he did that so his pants wouldn't get dirty, so now that's Zane's explanation as to why he does it as well!
- Zane: "Mom, I want to go to Grandma Ee-ah's."
Amy: "Well, Zane, we can't. She is at the hospital with Grandpa. Remember, he's sick."
Zane: "Mom, will Grandpa Ee-ah get better and come home soon?"
Amy: "I hope so honey."
- As he was working on the computer at Grandma Farmer's Saturday, he made a Mr. Potato head that was a doctor holding a bottle. He told Grandma, "I am making a magic potion for Papa Ee-ah to make him all better!" (He loves them so and misses them)!
Mason's Marvels
- Zane has been really proud of Mason talking and will always point out to me when he thinks Mason "learned a new word." On the way to Iowa Friday, Zane looked over at Mason and said, "Hey Mason, say 'duck.'" Mason looked right at him and said, "Cow!"






No comments:
Post a Comment