Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Last Week of Summer! :(

We tried to make the most of the last full week of summer vacation! We spent a lot of time playing outside, in the driveway, in the garage, and on the swingset. Zane worked up a sweat each time, but he had a ball! He is getting very creative in his play. I just can't believe how fast he is growing up! We also spent a couple of days at the pool, one evening at the park, and Zane got to spend the night at Jo's house! It was a full week at the Baker house!

Zane jacked up his 4-wheeler and is "fixing" it
Tuesday Ryan and Braeden came over because their mom had a meeting in the afternoon. The two older boys had a great time playing while the two younger boys slept! It was pretty hot outside, so I kept them in as long as I could, but when it came to snacktime, they wanted ice cream sandwiches, so we went in the garage for that. Here they are enjoying their snack!



Mason goes full-force all the time! He is so strong and is cruising along everything he can stand up to. He has stood alone for a few seconds at a time and can even balance himself in the squatting position. He's stronger than I am! I caught him unrolling the toilet paper in our bathroom this week. I have a picture of me doing the same thing as a little girl and also Zane doing it! We must love toilet paper or something...

Look what I did!
Now who's going to clean this up?
Mason enjoying his swing
Both boys swinging

Mason had more firsts this week...we fed him table food and he LOVES it! He eats it like it's the last meal he's ever going to get! This week he ate a chicken nugget, a breadstick, pizza, pork roast, potatoes, cheetos, cheerios, and crackers. He's extremely quiet when he's eating...I don't think Mason is going to be our picky eater!
This weekend we stayed with my parents. This week was not a lucky one for the Hogan race team. Matt went down to the race shop Friday night to check some things out on the car (since it got bent up pretty bad last week). Luckily he did because he discovered something wrong with the motor. So, once again, he and the crew changed motors Saturday morning. They put in the 2nd motor that they got from the 2nd claim. When the race started it looked really good, then a few laps later it blew up! Seriously, this year it either goes super well or super bad! That ended the night and so on to next week...
Mason "driving" the tractor
Mason & Zane enjoying the outdoors

Zane-isms
  • We needed to head out to get some items and I told Zane to remind me to get big batteries for the exercise bike. He said, "Yeah, and also for the naked game." I said "What???" He said, "You know, that game with the naked guy on it." Before you laugh too hard...it's the game Operation!
  • I was going to read a book to Mason before bed and Zane heard me so he wanted me to use one of his books. He said, "Read one of my books Mom, they're awesome!"

Mason's Marvels

  • Mason got his first pair of shoes this week! He is all over the place outside and had stubbed one of his toes so we thought it was time.
  • I noticed tonight that Mason is starting to cut his first tooth! It is on the top. Watch out fingers!
  • The other morning Matt was leaving for work and Mason was in his high-chair eating breakfast. I said, "Mason, tell Daddy bye-bye." All of a sudden he started waving! I thought maybe it was a fluke so I said it a second time and he did it again!
  • Mason has really been trying to imitate sounds lately. In the last week I could swear he said "water" and "Adam." I know it was probably just babbling, but if you would have been there you would have thought so too!

No comments: