Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School!

We're back to the old grind! This week marked the beginning of school for Zane and I! We both started back again on Monday. Zane has the same teacher and is in the same classroom, so it was a very smooth start this year! Two of the teachers in his room ar the same as last year and one is new. He's going to have a great year! I have 18 darlings in my class this year. So far they seem really on top of it! I am also going to have a great year! Matt took Zane to school all week and I picked him up. They said he did wonderful this week! We are so proud of him!

Zane on his first morning of preschool (he wanted to make silly faces)!

Mason was back again at Jo's house and did great! Now all of the older kids are in preschool, so there are only 2-3 preschool kids at her house per day. All the kids have colds and the babies have ear infections! Mason was coughing and had a runny nose, so to be on the safe side we took him to the doctor Friday, but it's just a cold! Jo gave him pickles to try this week...apparently he wasn't too fond of them! Check out her site (click the link to her site on the right) to see his reaction!

Mason, Zane, and Sam at Jo's house

Mason now has 4 teeth! He has his top and bottom two teeth! Zane didn't get teeth until he was almost one so we were a little surprised to see them so soon! I wanted to get a picture of his teeth, so I sat in front of him with the camera and said, "say CHEESE Mason" and he did! The second picture reminds me so much of Zane! He used to do that "cheese" face for the camera all the time!
Bottom 2 teeth

All 4 teeth!

We went to my parents' house this weekend. When we got there Friday, Mason heard some music on t.v. and he started "dancing" (bouncing up and down) to it! It was really cute! So Saturday I got him on tape "dancing." He was multi-tasking as he ate, danced, and stood up by himself!
Mason "dancing"


Chris didn't race this weekend, he took the week off. Matt had to work on the motor to get it ready for next weekend, so we did go home for that. We were going to go on a "date night" Saturday, but ended up taking Zane to the races since we could both sit with him. He was SO GOOD! I should have recorded him...he just sat on the chair with his hands in his lap and watched the heat races! He kept picking cars he wanted to cheer for (usually blue ones) but then would say, "I'm cheering for all the cars!" He eventually fell asleep and then when he was awoken it was NOT a pretty sight! It was actually a great date night because we got to spend some alone time with Zane...that doesn't happen as often as we'd like anymore!

Zane-isms
  • Mason was standing up one day and I was telling Zane to watch him. He said, "Yea! I'm proud he can stand up!"
  • I was taking a shower last night to get ready to go to the races. Zane came in, opened the door, and said, "How's it going in there, Mom?"
  • When I picked Zane up from school on Monday, he had drawn a map. It was a map from Preschool to Sonic. He sat in his seat, held the map, and directed me to Sonic! It was too cute! He would say, "Turn right. Okay. Go straight. More...more...keep going."

No comments: