Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Weekend in Iowa

So...as soon as I posted last week that Mason had been sleeping through the night, he woke up that night at 2:00! Since then, he's woken up every night and is STARVING! I guess I jinxed myself! I really can't complain though, it's only once per night and it's never been any more than that since he's been born!

Thursday Matt had his first cavity ever filled. He was nervous, but it all went well. He was in and out in about 15 minutes. That night our Parents as Teachers lady came over to see the boys. She was impressed with Zane's language (he seemed to acquire language skills rather slowly). She was mainly here to see Mason, but he was a little out of sorts - tired - so she didn't get to do too much with him.

Zane helping me feed Mason
This weekend we headed to Iowa for a visit. We hadn't been back since Christmas, so it was nice to see everyone again without all the hustle bustle of the holidays. Friday evening we went to my parents' house. Adam's 18th birthday (yes, he's 18) was Wednesday, so we wanted to wish him Happy Birthday. On the way home, we stopped for a bathroom break and Zane bought some candy necklaces. He kept telling us he was going to give one to Adam and he was going to say "Happy Birthday Adam. I have something for you!" He did give Adam a necklace, but he wanted it back when we left! We had a good time hanging out with Mom, Dad, and Adam for a couple of hours.

Saturday we went to the Cafe for dinner and just hung out all day. It was a pretty nice day! We had a little accident in the afternoon...Zane was outside playing in the mud and with Big (the dog) while I was in the van charging my phone and checking voicemails. He was out of my sight for a second, then all of a sudden I heard him screaming and crying...he had accidentally touched the electric fence! I felt so terrible for him! They tell me everyone who grows up on/around a farm has done it, but I just felt so bad because I knew he had no idea what was happening...at least the adults would have known what was going on! We put some ice on it and he ended up falling asleep, so all was well! When he woke up he kept saying "I play outside and I touch Papa's fence." I think Papa was on the "naughty list" for awhile!

Zane "reliving" his babyhood!
Mason is becoming such a smiley bug!
Both shirts say "Quarterback..." #'s 02 and 12
The Hogans were anxious to meet Mason so after we ate supper Saturday, Matt and I took him in to their house. We decided to leave Zane sleeping at Grandma and Grandpa's house since we figured he needed that more! It was nice to see them again and I could not believe how much those kids had grown! I held all of them a ton when they were babies! They'll still crawl up on my lap to cuddle though, so it works for me!
Rydder, Mason, McKinna & Colton
Today we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa Beggs' house. We ate dinner (noodles for me and meatloaf for Matt...yum!) and then played cards. It was a small crowd today which meant Mason got a lot of quality time with the grandparents! We are so lucky to have so many family members living in the same area...we got to see almost all of the grandparents this weekend! We so enjoy them and know they enjoy seeing the boys!
Zane "swaddled"

It's so hard to believe it's February already! Hopefully Mr. Groundhog will come out and tell us spring is closer than we think! Have a fabulous week and thanks for checking in on us!
The World According to Zane
  • Zane, Mason and I were hanging out one evening and Mason kept sneezing. I said "We'll have to call Mason "sneezy pants." A little bit later I sneezed and Zane said "I call you "sneezy pants" too Mom!"
  • Matt had Zane and Mason in the chair with him. Zane looked at Mason and said, "Mason, you wanna be my best friend?"
  • Mason was crying and would not settle down. Zane ran up to him, put his arm around him, and said "Mason, it's okay buddy."
  • Something came up about "uncles" and I asked Zane who his uncles were. He said, "Uncle Aaron." I said, "Yeah, and Uncle Adam." Zane said "I like those two guys!" (Don't worry Uncle Brent, I said you too! He just got that out before I finished)!

No comments: