Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This week another daycare mom had a baby! Tara works with me at school and Ryan goes to Jo's house with Zane and Mason. She had a c-section on Wednesday and welcomed Braeden Michael! I went to the hospital to visit them Wednesday evening and it brought back so many wonderful memories of my time there only 12 weeks ago...but I honestly can't believe it's already been that long! Our baby is three months old already! He's growing and changing so much every day! He is so much fun right now...smiling, "talking," and trying to laugh! He really knows his mom, dad, and big brother!


Zane giving Mason some "advice"

We got Zane's February newsletter from Preschool a little late and realized that Valentine boxes were due the next day!!! We had no idea, but as soon as I read the newsletter to Matt, his wheels started turning! He disappeared into the garage and came up about an hour later with this:
Zane's Valentine box...Wall-E!
Those of you who have been around Zane lately know he's obsessed with Wall-E and Eva! He brought Wall-E upstairs and said "Mom, come, look, I have a surprise for you!" He was so excited about it! And, of course, Matt immediately thought of ways he could have improved it and/or made it better, but it was WAY more than anything I could have come up with! If it were up to me, I would have wrapped it in paper and given Zane some markers and stickers and let him go to town! Here is Matt and Zane with their creation before taking it to Preschool:

Matt took Zane to school that morning and he said it was so neat to watch Zane carrying Wall-E inside. As soon as he got into his classroom and set it down, all the kids came running over to check it out. He kept saying "This is Wall-E. My Daddy made it for me." Matt tried convincing the teachers that Zane made it...but they knew! I told Matt I always laughed at the obvious "parent made" projects and now we have done just that!
Friday was the Valentine party at Jo's house. We were in charge of making fishing poles and a pond for a fishing game. Matt came up with some amazingly detailed fishing poles and even built a dock for the pond! Jo said the fishing game was the hit of the party! I wish I had half the creativity Matt has! Here are a few pictures from that party:

Nora and Mason
"Fishing" for Valentines!

On Valentine's Day, we spent some family time together. We shopped, ate, and hung out at home. Zane got a few gifts from us, which he loved, because after opening everything he said, "I like the stuff I have here. Thank you Mom and Dad!" He sure knows how to melt our hearts!
Mason's first Valentine's Day
Kissy, kissy!
Mason all smiles!

Saturday afternoon our couch was FINALLY delivered! We ordered it at the end of October and were told it would be in by Christmas! It was worth the wait, we love it! The main room is now done except for "decorating," and Matt is working on finishing the bathroom. Saturday night we enjoyed laying on our new couch watching a movie! We can't get enough of our new room and love hanging out in it! Here are a couple of pictures:
Our basement
Our new couch

Thanks for checking in on us! We are excited to have tomorrow off for President's Day (all but Matt...but we'll go eat lunch with him)! See ya next week!
The World According to Zane
  • Matt was helping Zane on the computer one night and he said "Dad, I love you. You make me so happy!"
  • Zane loves to have Mason lay in our bed with him. He puts his arm around him, it's so cute. One morning he was laying beside Mason, then gave him a kiss on the cheek and stood up. He looked down at Mason and said, "Mason, I love you." Then he looked at me and said, "Mom, I love Mason. He's just a little baby. He's our baby!"
  • We were driving home one evening after eating supper and Zane said he had to go to the bathroom. All of a sudden he grabbed himself and said "I almost to pee in my pants!"

No comments: