Smiling Mason
Not only is Mason good at smiling, but when he gets upset he is already good at sticking his bottom lip out before crying. I got a little video of that as well:
Pouting Mason
I am happy to report to you that I took Zane shopping on Monday for a lunch box! He picked out a racecar shaped one (surprised?). He was super excited about it and couldn't wait to take it to preschool on Tuesday! Matt packed his lunch for him, but he had to check it out to see what was inside. You should have seen him that morning...he carried his lunchbox inside, and he was "driving' it down the hallway as he was walking. When he got to the classroom, he was showing it off to anyone who would look at it...he was pretty proud (and probably just glad he had a lunch that day)!
Zane has really been wanting to "help out" with Mason lately! The other day Mason was crying and all of a sudden he stopped. Zane came running up to me and said "Mom, I did it! Come, look!" So I went and he said "I gave Mason his facifier. He stopped crying!" He was so proud of himself! I asked him how he got Mason to stop crying and he said "I sing a song to him. I sing kinkle kinkle little tar (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). I do this too (holding up a thermometer to show me). I put it under his arm." I asked him if Mason had a temperature and he said "It say numbers." Here are some pictures of Zane "hugging" Mason:
"Could you just let me be?"
Matt has been super busy getting the basement finished up. We are getting carpet tomorrow!! We can't wait to see it looking like an actual room! I'll put some new pictures on here when it's done! This week he was able to work a lot on it since we had New Year's Day and he was also home Friday all day. We went and checked on our couch, which is on backorder, and it may still be another whole month before we get it...we were thinking it would be in before Christmas!
We didn't do much for the New Year...just stayed home and hung out together. We did get our new plasma tv out and gave it a whirl...we like it! I didn't exactly see the new year come in...Matt said I was snoring by 10:30...whoops! I didn't wake up until 2:30 when Mason woke up to eat! I'm sure it came in just like every other year!
Today I'm trying to enjoy spending time with the boys as I will be heading back to work tomorrow...boo hoo! I've enjoyed my time off but it has gone WAY TOO FAST! This week I am staying home in the mornings and Matt will be home in the afternoons, then we will be taking Mason to Jo's house the following week. I am kind of glad that we will be in more of a routine, but I'm sad to leave Mason. I know he is in great hands, so that helps a great deal!
I hope you like the new features that I've been adding to our blog. I put a link directly to Jo's photo website and our Flickr website. They will always stay there so you can easily view more pictures if you wish. Have a great week and check in on us again soon!
The World According to Zane
- Zane has really been into cutting lately. He was cutting up some scraps of paper and putting them in my hair. All of a sudden he said "Mom, your hair is beautiful!"
- I forgot to say this last week...when we were at my grandma's house, we had a white elephant gift exchange. Everyone drew a number to see what order we would go in. Zane didn't get a number, as he wasn't in on the exchange, and he was upset. I threw my number back in and let him "draw" one. So when we were all finished, he looked around and said "what about me?" My aunt had a gift for him, so she handed it to him. He must have been watching us pretty closely during the exchange, because he looked for his number on the table, held it up for everyone to see, and said "my number next." Maybe you had to be there...but he knew what was going on!
- I noticed some blue marker on our carpet this week and I asked Zane what happened. His response was "the other Zane did it..." This "other Zane" has been blamed for quite a bit of things this week! Boy kids are smart aren't they?






2 comments:
Amy,
I can't wait for next Monday to get here so I can squeeze and kiss on Mason's chubby little cheeks.
Jo
you are a great blogger too! now i can peek into your family :o)
hugs to you
krissy
Post a Comment