Lauren & Mason on his first day...they're twins!
Mason napping on his first day at Jo's!.jpg)
Zane fell asleep reading Clifford!
Those of you who know us well know we like to go out to eat...we have been trying really hard to stay home and make our own supper lately as it seems like time flies if we go out and we don't get much quality time with the boys. This week we were fortunate to have a meal prepared for us by a friend of mine at work. She froze it for us and I saved it for this week, knowing I'd be tired after going back to work. It was yummy and we were so thankful! By the time Thursday rolled around I was ready to not have to cook, so we decided to go out for pizza. Zane was really good, thanks to his new Leapster and the game Wall-E (which he is addicted to watching...I see a birthday theme...)
Zane playing Wall-E
This weekend we stuck around home for the most part. There are still so many little things to get done on the basement and I think Matt's getting a little frustrated (don't ask him about the bathroom...we are beginning to wonder just what they were thinking when they built this house!). We're anxious for it to be done so we can use it! It was a nice weekend of hanging out with the boys!
Matt pretended to put Mason in "time out." He already doesn't like it!
Friday I got an email from Jo saying Zane was having a rough morning. I honestly don't remember the last time Zane has had to go to time-out at Jo's house...I don't even think he's had to do that once this year! Anyway, he was a little "off" that day and wouldn't listen to Jo. Usually all she has to do is look at him wrong and he'll straighten up. Needless to say we had a talk about it this weekend. He was not allowed to have candy that day when leaving Jo's and his response was "I no want candy mom..." Yeah right!
Saturday I helped host a baby shower for my friend Tara. I work with her and her son Ryan goes to Jo's house with Zane and Mason. She is having a boy, Braeden, on February 11 (scheduled c-section). It was a nice little gathering and we had a great time chatting about a little bit of everything! Then that night we had a girl's night out to celebrate another friend's birthday. She's from Iowa, but taught here with me for a couple of years, and recently moved back to Iowa with her family. I miss her so much and had a great time hanging out with her and the girls! I hadn't been out in awhile!!! It was fun, but I did miss my boys! They had a great day and evening together and everyone was tucked in bed soundly when I returned home!
Today we went to church and then just lounged around home. Everyone (including me) took really good naps...I'm talking 3-4 hours! Tonight doesn't have the same feeling as most Sundays...we get to stay home because of Martin Luther King, Jr. day (thanks Martin!). Looking forward to an extra day off!
The World According to Zane
- A lot of times when Mason cries, Zane will make sure I know by telling me. He often puts Mason's pacifier back in his mouth, and a couple times I've heard him say "Mason, settle down!"
- The other night I said "You know what Zane, I love you." He said "Oh thank you. I love you too." Then he put his arm around me and said "You're my best friend!" (Tears...)
- Jo really likes to shop...and always finds bargains for us! She bought Zane some new underwear and when we got home he wanted it open. I opened it for him and he said "I talking 'bout!" (Translation: "That's what I'm talking about!")
- As I was cooking supper, Zane decided he wanted a popsicle. I told him he had to wait until after he ate supper. He didn't like that answer, so he threw the popsicle on the ground, looked at me and said "Mom, that's not fair!" The drama...
- I don't even remember what Zane asked me for...but I told him no and his response was "I am so mad." I said "Why are you mad?" and he said "Cause you told me no."






No comments:
Post a Comment