Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We had a super busy week! I had parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday until 8:00 at night, so Matt and Zane had some quality time together! It was nice to meet with the parents and everything went very well! I told more than one of them that having a child in school has sure put a new spin on everything for me as a teacher! I now "really know" what they are saying when they talk about how much and how quickly their children are learning at school! Zane has recently been singing the days of the week song...we were so excited to hear him singing "there are 7 days in a week" and saying them all correctly!

On Wednesday, Zane's classroom had their Halloween party. Matt picked him up early from Jo's house and took him to school. We were in charge of bringing the vegetable dip and apparently there was a little "accident" with it (Zane said it was too heavy for him), so they had to make an emergency run to Quick Trip! When they got there, I think Zane was a little overwhelmed...he was clinging to Matt and saying he wanted to go home. He's not used to that many kids or adults being in his classroom, so it took him some time to adjust.

I was not going to go because of conferences, but it was really bothering me to miss his first ever school party, so I decided to go! I am so glad I did, it was fun seeing him have fun! They ate food, played pin the nose on the pumpkin, laced Cheerios, and sang a song. Here are some pictures from the party:
Zane & Matt at the party
Zane SWORE this was Woody the Cowboy!
He kept standing by him and following him!
Pin the nose on the pumpkin
Singing a song...he's having fun!
Zane kept "lasering" everyone. It was cute!
He's running around the room saying "To
infinity...and beyond." Look at that face!
Stringing Cheerios on a string
Zane and Miss Michelle, his main teacher
Because of conferences, I didn't have school on Friday. I actually had a doctor appointment, so Zane went to his friend Ryan's house for a little while so I could go to my appointment in peace! Everything at the appointment looked great, and now we only have 4 (or less) weeks to wait to meet Bobby! Matt left work at 1:00, so we were able to head to Iowa earlier than normal.
When we got there, we attended the Halloween parade uptown. The business people handed candy out to the kids. It was fun! Then we went to a few houses for trick-or-treating. Zane loved it! He would say "go to another house now?" After a few houses, we went back to Gaga/Papa Hammer's house and Zane helped hand candy out to the trick-or-treaters. I think he had more fun doing that! One thing we found out is that he's not too fond at all of masks, especially scary ones! Papa Hammer had a mask on and Zane kept shrugging away from him until he would take it off. Zane got to trick-or-treat at his Great Grandparents Houses also! It was a busy night!
Buzz Lightyear
The Halloween Parade
Handing candy out to the spooks!
On Saturday Zane got to be a "farmer" and was able to combine beans! He was thrilled! When he came back from combining, he said "I make beans!" I think the kid could live on a farm! That night we went to Old Papa/Gaga's house for supper and spent the evening with them. Poor Zane was SO tired that he laid down about 8:00 and fell asleep in about two seconds. He didn't wake up again until 8:00 the next morning, and with the time change, that meant he slept for 13 hours! He needed it! Sunday we went to Papa/Gaga ee-ah's house and had dinner. It was a beautiful day, so most of it was spent outside on go-carts and flying kites! Once again, Zane was worn out!

Zane, Keaton, & Matt on the go-cart Keaton, Zane & Celine on the go-cart
Zane & Keaton taking a snack break!

This past weekend was our last planned trip back to Iowa until Bobby's born! It doesn't seem like we should be saying that already, time sure has flown by! We are really to hold our baby in our arms and get to know him/her!
Take care and have a fantastic week!

No comments: