Zane & Ryan in the leaves at Jo's house
I had a field trip this week with my kids and it was a lot of fun! I was hoping the bus ride there would help encourage labor, but no such luck! That nght we had a book fair at school, so Matt brought Zane to it. He picked out a book for himself and also picked one out for Bobby. I asked him if he was going to give it to Bobby when s/he was born, and he said "Yes. I bring it to him and say 'Happy Birthday to you Bobby!'" It was so cute!! I hope he stays as excited about Bobby after Bobby's actually here!
Friday the movie Madagascar 2 came out and we were excited to go see it! We headed out for supper first (McDonald's...Zane's choice) and then went to the theatre. While I waited in line to get Zane a snack, Matt and Zane picked out our seats. They sat clear on the top row on the end, a perfect spot for us so that noone sat in front of Zane! He was SO GOOD at the movie...just sat there eating his popcorn and drinking his pop the whole time. Afterwards he was actually mimicing things from the movie...so much better than our first movie theatre experience! (We had to leave after about 30 minutes).
Zane at McDonald's...Happy Meal box on his head!
Saturday we did a few errands, then decided to stay home for the evening. We had "game night" and I think Zane really enjoyed it! We played CandyLand, Hungry Hippos, and Memory. He did a pretty good job following the rules of the games!
When Zane went to bed last night, he had a temperature. He woke up this morning right before 6:00, came into our room crying, and said "I need a bucket." He got sick a couple of times, but mostly has been dealing with a fever. He and Daddy are going to stay home together tomorrow and hopefully he'll be all better and ready to go to preschool Tuesday!
In Zane's Words
Zane has quite the manners lately! We have really been impressed by him saying "Thank you very much" when we do the simplest things for him! The other night Matt offered Zane an apple slice with frosting on it (healthy, yes). Zane looked at it, said "Ew...no thanks," and passed it back. At least he said it nicely!
At school a couple of weeks ago, they made pumpkin bread together. Then they asked the kids some questions about the bread. Here were Zane's responses:
- What things can we use to make pumpkin bread? Milk
- Do you think the bread will taste good? Yes
- What color will the bread be? White
- How long will it take us to make the bread? 4 minutes
- What will the bread feel like? Rough
- What will the bread smell and taste like? Cotton candy (that's my boy, definitely)






No comments:
Post a Comment