Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Mason Turns 8, Family Photos, and Thanksgiving

Football is now over so we had a party at Pizza Shoppe to celebrate!  We are so fortunate to be with some amazing families in all of our sports!  Mason had a great year in football and it was so fun to watch these boys!

Getting his medal from Coach Chris

Coach telling about a play where Mason even faked him out!
Coach Chris always makes a video of pictures from the season and this one was just as amazing as they always are!  There were some neat pictures of Mason that I snipped from the video!












This year we had trouble scheduling family photos with our crazy schedule and moving thrown in there.  We finally decided on a weekend and wouldn't you know...that same week Mason and Bryce were wrestling and Bryce wound up with a black eye!

Sad face!

He also has a little spot on the of his lip from where he did a face dive down the slide at preschool!!!
It was a chilly day when we took pictures but it was also gorgeous for a backdrop!  I had short sleeve shirts picked out because I planned to take them a few weeks earlier, so that morning I was shopping for new outfits!  Even with a black eye, red spots on a nose, and a kid who cried the whole time (he got sick later that night), we got some great shots!















Zane had his field trip to Sim City.  He was a banker!  He had a lot of fun and a bonus of my job is that the teachers take and send me pictures!

Banker Baker!
Bryce always has to tag along at his brothers' practices.  Luckily there are other siblings as well.  He and Brooklyn like to hang out. This day they were building a fort with chairs...



T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Mason turned 8 the day before Thanksgiving.  We didn't have school that day, and Matt didn't work, so we were all together!  We opened gifts, then he chose to go to Dave & Buster's for lunch.  It was a fun day!


I wish I was videoing at this point.  The pure look of joy on his face was the BEST!  A new bat!





On Thanksgiving morning we headed to Des. Moines.  First we went to my parents' house for about an hour and a half, then headed to Marcy's for dinner.  We spent a few hours there, then headed home so we could spend the weekend working on/organizing/being in our home!

This is Thomas on Thanksgiving night!  He's showing how we all felt!  Haha!
Hanging out in the living room, and we see Mason rubbing Bryce's back.  I almost missed the shot...this NEVER happens!


We had to make a few more trips to finish emptying out our storage units.  This was the ONLY way we were making it without having to do one more trip.  Hillbillies!


Mason thought this was a "thumbs down" choice!
The families whose boys play sports with Mason are amazing!  We are so lucky!  One of them invited us over to watch the KU/K State game.  We had a blast and were there ALL DAY!  So much fun!

Bryce and Brooklyn.  Um...
Bryce has recently become very interested in math.  You can give him an addition problem and he'll solve it mentally!  He's also never shown an interest in writing...even his name!  Now he's writing addition sentences and his numbers look REALLY good!  It's so cool!  And impressive since I have kindergarten kids who still can't write or recognize all of their numbers!




Mason had his first basketball game this weekend.  They did so well!  This is the first year they are playing in a competitive league, so there are some big changes, but so far they are handling them well!!!  He mostly plays point guard and does a great job!!  

WINNERS!

Team meeting

Let's go...

Defenders!

Team photo!
I also love that the boys are in class with friends who I am also friends with their parents!  This means I get to see even more glimpses into their days!

Lincoln, Mason, Colt.  TROUBLE!

Big boy!
Can't wait to see this kid...3 more days!
So hard to believe we are preparing for Christmas now!  Time just needs to slow the heck down!

No comments: