Sunday, April 24, 2016

Saying Good-Bye to Our First Home

So we've been quite busy the last couple of months.  We listed our house on a Thursday in February.  The first showing was scheduled for that night.  Those people made an offer.  So, in 9 hours, our house was sold for full asking price.  CRAZY!

They set the closing date for us on April 11 and they took possession April 13.  In the meantime, we rented a 2-bedroom apartment and are now living in it with our family of 5!  We have our apartment, a full garage, and 2 full storage units.  We are learning how to live super close to each other...

In about 7 months we will be moving to a new home!  We are building a home in a neighborhood fairly close to where we are now.  This will move us into my school district and allow me to take the boys to school with me.  I am super excited about being able to have the same school schedule as them!

Needless to say, this has kept us quite busy the last couple of months!  We are excited, but it was hard to say good-bye to our first home!  On closing day we went there one last time.  Zane went around and kissed all of the rooms good-bye, I walked into every room thinking of our memories and crying, and before we walked out the boys said "let's have one more fight before we go!"  So they wrestled around a little bit before Mason got hit in the mouth and we had to leave before there was blood on the clean carpet!  The couple who bought the house (she's actually a teacher in my district) just got married last summer and this is their first house also.  So I really feel good leaving our home to them.  It's in good hands!

To update you on other things - the boys all had spring pictures taken and I think they are all good!

Seriously?

Mr Innocent!?!

Aah, the dimple!

Cutie!

I got him in a collared shirt...but still sweats...sigh

This boy is getting TOO old!
Here are some photos of Thomas, growing like a weed!

Such a big boy!
Family photo!

Rock on Thomas!

SWINGING!
Mason is playing flag football again this spring.  You can tell he's played a couple of times already.  He's a flag-pulling animal!  He has had a few touchdowns, interceptions, extra points as well this year!  It's so fun to watch!

Just waiting...

BOOM!
He takes direction better from coach than us...
Mason also had his music concert a couple of weeks ago.  This was the first one he had a speaking part in and when I went to record it, the camera was so slow that it only got him walking away!  He had a 1/2 of a sentence part...darn the luck!

Getting ready to begin

He actually participated!

Mason with his teacher, Mrs. Seigel
And...we got to see Thomas last weekend!  Woohoo!  Oh, and Aaron and Michele...haha!  He warmed up to us pretty quickly which I was happy about.  I was so afraid he wouldn't know us and wouldn't want to be with us!  He's at such a fun age!  We all love him!

Thomas took to the dog bed...he and Bryce might have to fight over it!  Haha!

Stud muffin

Checking each other out!  They got to see Mason play football!

Sleepy boy!

Hanging out with Aunt Bethany!
Bryce didn't get too far away from him!

SNACKS!

Checking out Mason's catcher's mask!

Sweet cuddles!  I loved this!

Showing Thomas our apartment!

Checking everything out!  At least we can't lose him in here!

On the top bunk with Mason!  Don't worry, Dad was right there!
This past week at Mason's practice, Zane said "I'm going to run around the track."  He also ran up and down the bleachers.  He is so excited and dedicated to baseball this year!  I'm anxious to watch him play!

#dedicated
Mason was so excited to get his Carpenter shirt in the mail this week!  Aaron and Michele gave it to him for his birthday but it was too small.  They have had a really hard time finding one, and finally did this week!  He put it on right away and every time I wash and put it in his closet he finds it and wears it immediately!

Future all-star

He's not impressed with me

But Bryce said "Mom, take my picture"
I learned this week that I am really glad we chose to change out our sliding glass door in our new house for a regular door.  Mason AND Bryce have both run right through the screen door and make it come off!

Only one more kid to go for them all to have done this...
We're feeling more settled in our apartment each day.  It's pretty quick to clean, which is nice.  Matt thinks we are are building too big of a house and we just need to stay here.  I say give it time.  The newness and excitement (for the boys) will wear off.  I'm ready to move to our new house 2 weeks ago!  Ha!

No comments: