Tuesday, August 5, 2014

More Ozarks Pix, Annual BS Camping Weekend, and Camp Grandma!

Here are some more pictures from the Ozarks, taken with Keeta's camera:

Getting there...
Almost...

Success!  I love the smile on his face!

Mason finally tried the easy ski!  He kept telling us he'd try it on Thursday.  I think he actually tried it Wednesday and I'm glad he did because once he did he loved it!
 I have a video of Mason, but cannot get it to load...ugh!  Hopefully soon...
 
Grandma promised Mason she'd try the easy ski if he would!
What a catch!

Matt and Brent with their "staches"

Nate and Bryce in the arcade and Frankie and Louie's!

Hi-yah!

Brothers fishing

All bundled up

The grandkids with Grandpa and Grandma Baker on their 60th anniversary.  L-R:  Jodie, Brent, Amy, Matt, Mindy, Ty, Marcy, Nate.

Great-grandkids:  (L-R):  Porter, Bryce, Madison, Tate, Mason, Zane

The Baker Bunch with G&G Baker

Mason snuggled his way in between Nate and Marcy!
We have been trying to enjoy our remaining days of summer.  It just goes too darn fast!  Hard to believe I'm going back to school this week!  I'll miss the freedom summer break provides, as well as no alarm clock!
 

Mason took this adorable picture!

Zane and Mason with their swimming lessons teacher Miranda.  She was amazing!  Both of the boys learned SO MUCH and became even stronger swimmers!
The last weekend in July we had our annual BS (Baker/Snyder) Camping trip.  This year we went to Creson and ALL of the Bakers and Snyders were there!  That has never happened for us so it was great!  The kids all had so much fun and we all enjoyed our time with them!  We are hoping to get together this winter as well.  Once a year just isn't enough!

Enjoying the awesome weather!

The BS Group in order from youngest to oldest:  Brent, Wade, Marcy, Lindsey, Matt, Shannon

The BS Grandkids:  Cody, Zane, Tate, Bryce, Kinley, Noah, Brooklyn, Mason, Cole, Brett

We ate very well all weekend!

Enjoying a movie in the camper...nap time!



Noah and Zane on the tube
Finding shade...



And more shade...

Matt found his own shade...

Kinley wanted to put the sunscreen on herself!

I think she did a pretty good job...
After our camping weekend, Matt and I headed home and the boys stayed for Camp Grandma for the week!  They look forward to this week every year!  I had my school's annual golf tournament and a staff retreat.  I was also planning to get my classroom ready, however things didn't work out for that.  Our school had lots of construction this summer and didn't open for us to come in until yesterday.  So I had a lot of time to myself, which was nice.  The house is CLEAN and ORGANIZED (but that didn't last long once everyone was home).  I relaxed, read, and met up with a few friends.
 
Baby kitties!

So little!

Cabbage in our garden!

The pumpkins are growing big!

Carrots
Apparently they didn't taste too good...

Big!

Little farmers

Swing!

Farmer Mason

Farmer Bryce


Slip & Slide!

Shucking corn!

Cool dude Mason!
 
Lots of bubbles
Look at all that corn!

Zane helped grandma with the corn
They also took a trip to the zoo in Des. Moines!

Ready for some zoo fun!

With Papa

With Grandma
Ducks and fish!

Goofy kid!

Zane looks really happy there.

Taking a little break!

Kolby turned two!  Happy birthday buddy!

Grandma Beggs got to go to the party as well!

Buddy looks tired!
We were able to go with the Ottis family to a Royals game.  They had free coupons for tickets so we had good seats that cost NOTHING!  And the Royals actually WON!  Matt thought we were their bad luck, but I guess we aren't!  :)

I sent this to the boys to show them how close we were!
(Terrible picture of me).  With the Ottis clan!  Matt really is there...just on the other side of me!

Thank you thank you thank you to Grandma and Papa for keeping the boys for the week!  They continue to make such amazing memories at "Camp Grandma" every year and I know they will always look back at it with fondness!  It was sure quiet here while they were gone...but things got back to normal very quickly!  :)

No comments: