I found this gem on my phone...from when I was sick with the stomach flu...and Zane was delivering me a sandwich. I didn't catch the shot of him with his shirt over his face...to avoid my germs...but did catch him covering his mouth!
 |
| Here ya go mom! |
Monday evening was Zane's Grandparent's Day celebration at school. They must have been talking about it at school because the week before he kept asking me "When is Grandparent's Day?" I kept telling him it was in September and it was over, but he kept asking. He then said, "I know it's Monday. So...is Grandma coming?" I didn't respond quickly, then smiled and said "I don't know." He said, "I can tell by your face she's coming." We have realized that those are the types of things we don't tell the boys...becuase they then constantly ask us how many days, when are they coming, when will they be here...and on and on. But he wasn't fooled this time! We are so lucky to have such great grandparents for our boys. They came down here Monday for the hour they were at his school. And he even talked them into buying books at the book fair! We enjoyed spending some time at home with them afterwards.
.JPG) |
| They had a photo booth there!!! |
.JPG) |
| Dad, Mason, Bryce, Mom, Keeta. Mason was the teacher, grandmas were the students. Zane and Papa were downstairs watching a movie...I didn't get a picture of them! |
.JPG) |
| Teacher Baker with his students |
.JPG) |
| Bryce interrupting the lesson... |
Mason is starting to do what Zane used to...crying when Grandma leaves...I had to comfort him when he kept saying "I miss Grandma!" Poor guy! Thanks parents for making my kids a priprity in your lives! It means so much to them AND to us!
.JPG) |
| Zane reading one of his new books in bed! |
Tuesday night Matt and Zane had Cub Scouts, so that left Mason, Bryce, and I at home. I realized that we hadn't taken Bryce's 10 month photos, so we decided to do that!
.JPG) |
| Getting ready to take Bryce's 10 month photo! |
.JPG) |
| This is about the best I got...hard to get this little one to stay still!!! |
.JPG) |
| But he's such a happy fella! |
.JPG) |
| Oh man, we love him so much! |
Saturday the Bearcats had their first playoff game...and WON! The boys found their NW suits and wanted to wear them, so we took a picture and sent it to Papa!!!
 |
| Go Bearcats! |
How do the weekends go so quickly??? We got a lot done...but there's still so much to do! We got a new water heater...woo hoo! Hot water all the time! And Merry Christmas to Matt and I...
We also got our Christmas trees up. The boys are SO excited and anxiously awaiting Buzz's return (our Elf on a Shelf).
At church today the kids talked about what they are thankful for. Here is what Mason came up with:
.JPG) |
| Jesus, Old Papa (don't you like Old Papa's hair), Dad, Mom |
.JPG) |
| And on the back...Brent! |
And the other day I found this note:
 |
| Santa, are you real? (Check yes or no). |
 |
| I don't know why this one is sideways...but it says "Santa I really, really, really, really, really, really want the 4 ultra headed dragon!" Both notes written in the same evening. |
And today Mason was all about sounding words out. I have some 5 and 6 year olds that have trouble with this. I was so proud! He'd say a word (like pillow) and try to figure out each sound. I helped some, but not tons!
 |
| Mason's writing. You can see mom, vacuum, dad. Pretty good for 3 I'd say! |
 |
| bacon and coke are all I could make out of this one... |
We have a busy week ahead. Only 2 days of school...then Thanksgiving and Mason's birthday! We're all ready for a long weekend with our families! Since I won't write again until after the holiday, Happy Thanksgiving!!! Take time to spend with those you are thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment