Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sick baby, First Days of School, and First Tooth!!!

What...a...week!  It began with Bryce throwing up on Sunday night...so Matt went to work from 1-7 in the morning since I had an all-district meeting and back to school night Monday.  He was fine all day Monday, then got sick again Monday night.  So I stayed home Tuesday.  He was fine all day Tuesday.  Tuesday night Papa came down with the older two for Zane's back to school night.  Bryce got sick again.  So Wednesday Papa was home with all three boys.  Bryce was fine all day Wednesday.  We thought he was over it, so he went to Jo's house Thursday.  When he woke up from his nap he had a very bad diaper...so it appeared he wasn't quite over the bug.  So, again, Matt worked late so he could stay home Friday.

Amongst all of this...I started school Wednesday, Zane started school Thursday, and Mason started at a new daycare until his preschool starts later this month.  My class seems really sweet.  Zane is enjoying first grade, and Mason is having fun at "school."  The report from his teacher is that he did amazing!  It's so cute...he has to have his backpack on all the time!  After day 2, I asked him how the peas were at lunch and he said "they were yucky.  But the macaroni was yuckier!  I had some little hot dogs...what are they called? (Little smokies).  They were good!"  So surreal to see him going to school...such a big boy!

Our big first grader!!!


Backpack shot!
Today had an interesting twist...my dear friend Maggie, who was due with her first baby September 15th, texted to see if I could come sit with her at the hospital for a bit.  So I hurried there...and was on the other side of delivery as I sat with her all the way until she pushed!  It was such an honor to be there during such a special time in her life!  Baby Jaxon is a doll and I can't wait to get back there to cuddle him!!!  When I got back home today I was playing with Bryce and noticed he has a tooth!!!  He's been sick...and not himself...but you'd sure never know it because he's such a great baby!  I must say I did love how much he wanted to cuddle this week...but also hated it cause I knew it meant he wasn't feeling well!

So...here's to hoping this week is better than last!

If you pray...I'd love it if you could say a prayer for one of my student's grandpas (Mark)...who is dealing with stage 4 brain cancer.  My cousin Jamie...who is in labor with her first baby!  A sweet sweet co-worker with transverse myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord).  A very rare disorder that affects only 4 in a million people.  Megan is 33.  Before summer, she was a marathon runner.  By the end of July, she was using a walker.  I had her sweet daughter in my class last year.  Currently she is getting some treatments that seem to be working and she will be going to the Mayo clinic as soon as they get an appointment.  But she needs prayers.  They all do.  Thanks for adding them to your list!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

well, i guess i learned about maggie from you, before ayla gets home from school... she wanted a month... guess she got a good 3 days! sheesh!

thx for the prayer spot for my dad!

sweet baby boy with a tooth! make sure you get a pix of that!