No rest for the weary...as soon as we got back from vacation we were off and running last week! Zane had vacation bible school all week long, from 8:45-12:00 each day. He had so much fun there! It was pretty nice to have just Mason for a few hours each morning! I got a lot of little things done then. Monday after VBS, we met Jo and some of the daycare kids at the bowling alley for a little get-together. The kids all had fun bowling and the moms had a good time catching up!
 |
| Zane & Ryan checking out the scoring... |
Wednesday morning started out pretty interesting for us...we were just getting ready to leave the house to take Zane to VBS when Mason fell and hit his head on the bottom corner of the couch. He came running to me, I consoled him, then he was off for "blue blankie." On his way back to me, we noticed that his head was bleeding. When Matt cleaned it off, we thought it looked a little deep and so we took him to urgent care. Sure enough, he needed a stitch. Only one, but he needed it. I was in tears, he had no clue what was going on, and didn't even cry until the 3rd shot that they gave him! He was a trooper! The unfortunate part was that they told us no swimming until it was out...that was our afternoon plan...it's been HOT here! So...we changed plans and stayed home instead.
 |
| Mason's stitch |
 |
| A closer view of Mason's stitch |
Mason did pretty good with his stitch all week. He let us put medicine and band-aids on it, he left it alone, he didn't complain about staying home and not swimming. However, mama suffered because you could tell after a few days that the boys needed some outside time! Hard to do when there are heat advisories out!
The next picture is a random...but when Zane was born one of my high school teachers gave me a stuffed big bird that she won somewhere. Ever since Zane was 2 weeks old, we've used Big Bird to take pictures of the boys to show their growth. From birth to age one I took pictures every month, and now I'm taking them every year. So I finally remembered this week to have Zane pose by Big Bird to take his 6 year photo.
 |
| 6 year Big Bird picture |
Uncle Brent was in Kansas City last week teaching some classes, so after he was done on Thursday he came to our house. He went to baseball with us...Zane's last game. It's been a rough season...Zane wanted to do baseball...until he actually had to do baseball! He doesn't like the sun in his eyes, or that it's hot, or that he has to run, or that he has to do it "so long." It sure makes it hard to get him motivated to go, but we started it, so we finished it. I wish we could just wait until he's older, like we did when we were growing up, but here you have to start early or the kids are so behind! Will we do it next year? Stay tuned.
 |
| Mason with a popsicle after Zane's game |
 |
| Zane with his baseball medal (everyone gets one for participating) |
I love to bake. Not cook. Bake. I started experimenting with cupcakes last spring. Finding fun recipes or just using boxed mix. But experimenting and having loads of fun. About a month ago my boss called me and asked if I'd be interested in making cupcakes for her niece's wedding shower. That stressed me out a little bit but I thought "what the heck..." So...Thursday I baked and Friday I frosted. I made 3 dozen Snickers cupcakes and 3 dozen carrot cupcakes. I think they turned out pretty good! I hope they were well-received!
 |
| Carrot on left, Snickers on right. |
After I picked Zane up on Friday from VBS, we headed over to his Pre-K buddy, Nathan's house for a play date. Nathan also has a little brother who is Mason's age and they have one on the way! They are having a girl...wonder if we will too? The boys had a great time! After we left there, we headed back home to finish packing for our camping weekend...the 4th Annual BS (Baker/Snyder) Camping Weekend! We always look forward to this weekend! The Snyder family has been a long time family friend of the Bakers. We try to get together for a camping weekend each summer. They have 3 boys, we have 2. They boys LOVE to play together! Zane is right in-between their youngest boys in age so they really get along well! We are hoping to get together again this winter and make this a semi-annual thing instead of annual.
 |
| The "little" boys...Tate, Zane, Noah, Mason |
 |
| Coloring and watching movies in the camper |
 |
| Riding the hot dog! |
 |
| Fun, fun, fun! |
 |
| Saturday night...movie night! |
 |
| A little bit later and they were all asleep! |
Interesting story about the above picture...this was Saturday night. Later on in the night, Lance (the other 2 boys' dad) got his two boys and carried them to their camper. When he got them, Zane wasn't in the bed like he is in this picture. So Matt's dad looked in the other bunks, and Zane wasn't there either. He went to get Matt's mom and she came in looking, and couldn't find Zane. She looked at me and said, "Zane's not here. He's sleep walking." My heart DROPPED! I looked over and saw the bed we sleep in, pulled the cover back, and there he was! Thank goodness, it was late and dark and I had no idea how we would find him! He must have fallen out of bed and went into our bed...who knows...but for a minute there we panicked!
And Mason had an interesting night as well. He woke up crying and wanting me. So I held him. But he could NOT fall back asleep. Matt got back from the races about 1:30 and Mason was still awake. I don't know what was going on but he just could not get back to sleep at all! He would cry, and roll around, and sit up and talk, and smile, and do everything but fall asleep. We got to feeling bad that he was keeping everyone in the camper awake, so we loaded him up in the van and headed back to Lenox to stay at my parents' house. They weren't home, so we knew we'd have a house to ourselves where he couldn't wake anyone up! We figured he'd fall alseep in the car...WRONG! All the way there he was saying "I'm never going to go back to the camper. No fair! I'm never going to go boating. No fair! Mom, turn! You need to turn, turn, turn, then turn off the key!" He was FULL OF IT! He finally fell asleep about 4:00 a.m. and we ended up with a few short hours of sleep. Rough night for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment