Why do short work weeks seem longer than full work weeks? It doesn't make sense, but happens EVER time I have a short week! We had Monday and Tuesday off for spring break, so returned to work and our normal schedules Wednesday. I had all but decided to wait until this summer to potty train Mason...and then Jo emailed me on Wednesday asking about it, so I took that as my final sign that he was probably ready! We were going to start Monday, but Thursday morning Mason refused to let me put a diaper on him, so we just took the leap! He did pretty well that day, and has honestly done very well so far these first few days. He seems to not have to go very often...and I can see that #2 will be our biggest hurdle to overcome. He wants to be a "big boy" like Dad and Zane, and naturally does not need out help and wants to go by himself. He's already beginning to tell us when he needs to go and tonight even went in the bathroom all on his own and took care of business! My baby is growing up too fast!
This weekend we celebrated mom's 60th birthday. Mom and Dad were down here for the hardware show, and they were planning on coming to stay with us Saturday night. Little did Mom know that Dad had called Aaron and Adam to come also. Mom even called Adam to ask him to come down, and he told her he had a concert to go to! Aaron and Adam were here, hiding in our bedroom, when Mom and Dad arrived. We were sitting there chatting when the boys walked downstairs. Mom was surprised! We had a good night...Matt cooked some amazing prime rib, then we just hung out at the house. Sunday we went to church, out to dinner, then enjoyed some sunshine before they headed home.
 |
| Mason giving Papa a ride |
 |
| Doesn't he look so grown up? |
 |
| Soaking in the sun! |
 |
| A great sign...when I can wear flip flops! |
We also played some baseball...all of us! Zane's getting excited for t-ball and I am too...it means summer!
 |
| Waiting for a good pitch... |
 |
| Matt's turn! |
 |
| Zane trying to "coach" Mason |
 |
| The boys saying good-bye |
 |
| Zane racing Papa...a family tradition when anyone leaves... |
I hate to admit that most of our day Sunday was spent napping...but it's true! Zane had slept with us the night before and he is NOT fun to sleep with! He hogs the bed, kicks, lays on top of you...and he was coughing a lot also! So Matt and I were exhausted! So when everyone left, we all hit the pillows! After we woke up, we headed to the park for some exercise!
 |
| Drink break! |
 |
| Zane posing by the "5." Soon he'll be 6! |
Mason's been wanting Zane to read to him and put him to bed at night, so I caught them reading together on camera. It was too cute to hear Zane talking to him, saying, "come here buddy." He also tried remembering the story and saying it "just right" to Mason! These are the times I adore!
No comments:
Post a Comment