Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas, Round 1

It's beginning to feel a LOT like Christmas around here! I adore this time of year, but I get so sad the closer it gets to Christmas...because everything seems so magical when you see Christmas through the eyes of small children! I wish I could bottle it up and be able to have that back throughout the year instead of just at Christmastime! Thursday was Zane's Christmas program at Preschool. Matt and I were both able to make it and he was SO excited! What a change from the last 2 years...year 1 he cried and sat on his teacher's lap...year 2 we didn't go because we were afraid the same would happen...year 3 he was asking us if we would come. It was so neat to see Zane on the risers, singing with his classmates! He sure doesn't take after me...he got to stand in the back row...I was always in the front! Here are some photos of the show and his party afterwards. I have a video but can't get it to upload...maybe another time!

Excited to see us!
Marching like a good little soldier...
Smiling at mom and dad!
In his classroom for the party
Pretending to eat what he was to be using to decorate with...
Zane's masterpiece...

Last week was a long week...Matt is super busy at work and worked until at least 11:30 every night. We hosted Christmas on Saturday and Sunday, so I was home cleaning, organizing, baking, etc. Everything ended up getting done and was ready...so we were good! Saturday my family (Mom, Dad, Adam, Aaron, Michele) came to our house and we had our Christmas together. The boys had a lot of fun opening gifts, but they just wanted one after another. I wanted it to last longer so we could enjoy it! We got so many nice things!

Zane, Mason, Aaron, Michele
Who's gonna win?
PLEASED he got markers and paper!
Adam's new hat
Mason posing for me
I can't get it...so I'll use my teeth!
Adam, Aaron, Michele
Adam's new hat on Dad
On Sunday, we had the Kathol Christmas at our house. It was kind of a combined Thanksgiving/Christmas. It was quite different this year as it's the first year we don't have Grandma and Grandpa with us, but it's amazing to see what an influence they have had on this world and all of us! We were so lucky that everyone could be together! This was my first holiday to host, so I was quite nervous, but everything went very well...well enough that I was told I could host again! We had great food, great conversation, great times!
The boys at the "kids' table"
Dad and Mason saying "Cheese"
Mom and MasonThe Bunch Family
The Kathol Cousins
The Schiefen Family
Me, Jess, Lisa

Two Christmases down...4 to go! Hoping each of you experiences the magic the season has to offer!

No comments: