Jo's kids ready to play in the leaves!
Mason in the leaves
This year Jo had a Halloween party for all of the daycare families. Every family was able to make it! We all dressed up and Jo had lots of food and goodies for us. We played a couple of games, had a pinata, listened to a story, and just had fun hanging out together by the fire on their back porch. It was a great night! Our family went as Mario Brothers characters. It was the first Halloween party we've gone to where we were all dressed up! Mason wasn't too sure at first and clung to Matt quite tightly, but he soon warmed up and was all over the place! Zane was invited to spend the night at Jo's so we only came home with one child...that was weird!
The Mario Family
Jo and all the kids
Mason hitting the pinata
Zane hitting the pinata
Two brave dads, being decorated as pumpkins...
The Kansas City Zoo is offering free admission in October and November to Kansas City residents...so we decided today was the day to take advantage of that! It couldn't have been a better day...wasn't crowded, weather was beautiful, we had a great time! It was such a great way to spend our Sunday together!
Ready to see some animals!
Zane-isms
- After Jo called and invited Zane to spend the night, I talked to him about not telling the other daycare kids so that they didn't feel bad (Jo has them over at different times...so they all get a turn at some point). At the party one of the other kids went up and asked their mom about spending the night, so I reminded Zane he wasn't supposed to talk about it. He said, "I didn't tell them. I said 'I am not spending the night at Jo's house.'" Tricky...
- Last night before we left Jo's, we were discussing when to come get Zane. I told her we were thinking of going to the z-o-o (I spelled it) and Zane said, "Zoo!" Our life is changing...we can't spell all words to each other now because he can figure some of them out! Yeah for Zane and ugh for us!
Mason's Marvels
- Last night Mason had a rough nighth sleeping and was up crying a couple of times. This morning I asked him why he was crying and he said, "I no no (I don't know)." Then when I asked him again he said, "Cause."
- Mason is really showing his temper at times lately...and recently he's been particular about his sippy cups...we'll give him one and he'll say "diffent" and will have to pick out THE ONE he wants!
- Today Mason was singing "ABC, Now I know ABC..." Smarty pants!






No comments:
Post a Comment