Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School and The Iowa State Fair!

It's been a tad crazy around here the last couple of weeks...we're now back in the swing of things with school/work/daycare! We tried to soak up every last minute of our summer break that we could...we spent our last week playing, swimming, and hanging out together. It's hard to believe summer is over! I'm having a little bit of a hard time waking up and getting ready each day...I miss the lazy days of summer! But it is nice to be back in a routine (although two little bodies need to get used to it, they are exhausted)!

One of our favorite summer foods!

The same day I started back to work, Zane had his "back to school night." This is where we take his supplies and go to his classroom to meet the teacher and see the room. This year Zane is in a Pre-Kindergarten classroom with a different teacher. He had the same teachers the last 2 years, so we wondered how this year would go! His teachers are wonderful and I can tell we are going to have a great year!!! When you talk to Zane about school, he'll be sure to tell you his room number and that he is not in Preschool...he is in Pre-K!

Miss Courtney & Zane
Zane & Miss Shirley

I'm not sure Zane really knew what was coming his way! The first few days I had to work, he did not have school yet, so he got to go to Jo's house. Now he's beginning to ask "when do I get to go to Jo's house?" Um...you're in full time school buddy!

Zane's first day of Pre-K!

Zane and Mason's first days back have gone well (or at least I haven't heard otherwise). This weekend he told Grandma Farmer that he already passed Pre-K and didn't have to go back! He's quick, it had only been 4 days at that point! This weekend we headed to the Iowa State Fair. Matt has been every year since he was 10 months old, and both boys have gone every year of their lives also! We camped with Matt's parents, brother, and sister. We tried to fit as much fair fun (and food) as we could in 2 days...I think we did pretty well!

Waiting for a ride to the fair...
The butter sculpture this year was Green Eggs & Ham!
Little Farmer Boy...
Meeting Clifford
Marcy took Zane to see the snakes...YIKES!
Donig wax hands/footprints
Cotton candy...a fair favorite!
Cooling off in the fountains
Doing some spin art
Mason & Papa
The boys with Papa on the Carousel
STRONG BOY!

Mason's Marvels
  • Lately Mason has been giving kisses when you ask for them and will say "luv ew!" He will also blow kisses a lot and give you a "squeeze!"
  • The other day in the van I heard Mason say "knuckles." I looked back and he was giving himself knuckles! He's been wanting to give knuckles to everyone, and when he does he says "boom!" and then he wants you to say "hurt, hurt" like he hurt you! The other morning when we were saying good-bye to Dad and Zane, Mason went over to Zane, put his fist out, and said "knuckles!"
  • One of Mason's newest favorite books is Green Eggs and Ham. When I read it to him, I use a deep voice, so when he sees the book, he says "NO!" in a really deep voice. He seems to be enthralled with the page in the dark and he'll say "dark, dark" while looking for the page!
  • Mason will finally answer "yes" or shake his head yes to a question...not only "no!"
  • Sometimes now when you tell Mason something, he'll say "oh" or "OK."

No comments: