Monday, July 26, 2010

Baseball Banquet

I told myself that after we got home from vacation we would get ourselves back on a schedule so that it would be easier on all of us when school started again. It was MUCH easier than I thought...we were back on track by Monday! So glad the boys are adaptable and flexible! We had a fun week just playing and hanging out together. There were some stormy days, so we didn't get to the pool as much as I wanted to, but we did a couple of times. We played outside as much as possible, but it was pretty hot out most days, so that time was also limited.


Mason, did you use a marker???


Monday was Zane's last baseball practice. First they scrimaged, then we had a little "banquet," where the kids all got medals and we ate some snacks. It's so cute to watch these kids playing ball...they all want to get the ball every time, so they all leave their positions to run for it, and when the one (proud) child ends up with it, the rest go stomping/pouting off to their parents! Zane doesn't have a huge tolerance for being hot and tired either, so on top of not getting the ball every time, he doesn't always enjoy practice to the fullest!

Zane "fielding"

Zane batting

The "Parent Tunnel"

For the awards ceremony, Coach Scott had the parents "present" the medals to their child and tell them a little something. Matt wanted me to do it, but since he was the one that practiced with Zane every time, I had him do it! I don't know what he said, and he wouldn't tell me, but it was very cute!

Matt giving Zane his medal
Zane and his proud Daddy

Coach Scott congratulating Zane

Zane with his first baseball coaches

Both of the boys adore being outside, and Mason especially! When Mason wakes up, the first thing he does is point to the kitchen and say "hun-gee" (hungry). After his belly is full, he then points downstairs and says "ou-sigh" (outside). So usually we spend about an hour or more playing in the driveway/garage, before it gets too hot and muggy out! They each have a four-wheeler, and that is probably the most-used toy. Our rule is that they have to stay in the driveway and on the sidewalks, but as you can tell from this picture, they don't always follow the rules! But it's fun to see them playing together!

Mason wanting to be just like Zane!

This weekend we were at Matt's parents' house. Saturday sure looked rainy, but we didn't get any in Iowa, so the races were on. They didn't go as well for us as normal, Chris ended up 9th. Still a top 10, but we were hoping for higher! :) Sunday we spent the day at Grandma Beggs' house. Zane and Keaton really played well together for the most part (until they got hot and tired and were ready to go home). Poor little Mason would love to be able to keep up and do the same things as them, but he just can't. We did "catch" them throwing things at Mason...who just stood there taking it...and had to get after the big boys. They didn't realize we were watching out the window!

Craft time
Zane is pouting during Keaton's turn...
Hot wheels! They did this over and over...





Mason's Marvels
  • Mason loves to look at books! We don't finish many, but we look at a lot! He already has some favorites, and one he's latched onto is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He calls it "Binchy." He'll bring it to me and want to find "Binchy" on every page, and on the inside covers, he finds the "Who." He seems to like tractor books and Dr. Seuss books. He says "hat" when he brings me The Cat in the Hat and says "No" when he brings me Green Eggs and Ham (cause the character is always saying no and I use a deep voice which he thinks is hilarious).
  • I always said I'd never rock my children before going to bed because I didn't want them to become dependent...but recently I've started to and since Mason lets me I keep doing it. He isn't "dependent" on it, but after we read books, I'll ask if he wants to rock and he'll lay his head on my shoulder and cuddle up to me. So then I ask if he wants me to sing and he usually says "up-uh." This means he wants "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." He sings along and it goes like this, "Kinkle, how, up-uh, sky, kinkle, how." It's so adorable! He loves for me to sing. But lately he's been so super easy to put to bed. He'll throw his animal and blanket (or blankets) into bed, then want in, then blow me a kiss and point at the door for me to leave. What a great kid!

No comments: