Monday, April 26, 2010

Graden's 75th!

Doing a little catch-up here! Last week was crazy...we ended up staying here last weekend so Matt could have more time to get the race car ready. Sunday night Mason woke up and threw up three times. Monday was kindergarten round-up so Matt and I split the day home with him. Tuesday night, Zane woke up and thre up four times. So I stayed home with him Wednesday. It made for a short work week!

Braeden & Mason hiding under the table
Mason relaxing in the chair
Sammy, Zane & Ryan
Mason did so well for a couple of weeks at Jo's house with no biting...but we had a repeat offense this week! Actually 2 in one day! He bit one kid in his behind for no reason and bit another baby on the arm because he wanted the stroller! Apparently the babies all like dolls and stroller. They each have a certain doll they like, but there is only one stroller, and they don't share it well. Guess we need to get another stroller for Jo's house!

CHEESE! Mason guarding the stroller...

My school (Graden) is 75 years old this year, so we have had a lot of special events throughout the school year. Friday was the biggest event, an all-school carnival! Jo, the amazing planner, was in charge of the event. I made mints for it (800 of them). The first teacher at Graden, Mrs. Loncar, was able to be at our celebration! She is 96 years old and sharp as a tack! She inspires me! I worked for part of the evening and the boys all met me there to play. It was fun! I had all but 2 of my kids there...so I'd say it was a successful evening!

Zane, Erika, & Mason
Waiting for a balloon sword...which popped 2 seconds later!
Fishing for prizes
Cotton candy mustache...
Digging in!
Yee-haw!

Zane-isms
  • Matt and I were arguing the other night and Zane looked at me and said, "Hey, you don't talk to my dad like that!" Wow!
  • Favorite new phrase: "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!" (Wish he's listen to his own advice...)
  • Another favorite: "Too bad, so sad!"
  • We rented "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeaquel." In it, one of the chipmunks is a litter monitor and issues citations. Something was on the floor in our house, so Zane came up to Matt with a little piece of paper that he had written on and issued Matt a citation for littering!
  • New code words: McDonald's = "combine," Burger King = "pick up," Sonic = "tractor," Pizza Shoppe = "car." So Zane will say "Mom, I want to go to tractor for supper." He tried using this one night on us when Mason kept saying "tra-ter" over and over. I wanted to go to Pizza Shoppe, but Zane wanted to go to Sonic...so he said "See Mom, Mason wants to go there too. He keeps saying tractor!"

Mason's Marvels

  • If you say to Mason, "can you count?" he will say "two, do!" (2, go!) He will sometimes say "2, 2, 2, do!" It's so cute!
  • Mason really tries to repeat a lot of what we say! We'll have to be careful around him! :)
  • Today I picked Mason up at Jo's before getting Zane at Preschool. I started putting him into the van and turned himself all the way around, looking in the backseat for Zane!
  • Last night on the way home from Iowa, we stopped at McDonald's for supper. Mason kept fussing and not wanting anything I tried to give him...sprite, chicken nuggets, fries, nothing! Finally I handed him the whole sack and he got a huge grin on his face and was fine from that point on!

No comments: